Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

Large area using Ground2K4

Guest tasnvs

Just a 2 pics to show that the only limit to the size when using Ground2K4 is the amount of memory you haveThe size is topright corner S 42:10.00E172:30.00bottomleft corner S43:55.00E174:00.00The only thing was I made 2 projects. One contain all the Coast and Lakes the second all the rivers and roads etc.Great program, thanks to the designersCheersNorman

Hi Norman.The actual bitmap dimensions need to be under 10000x10000 pixels. Under 8000x8000 avoids some odd problems when working on the corners of the background map.Just my experience.Dick

Guest tasnvs

Hi Dick.Thanks for that as I had no idea how big I could go.I am actually replacing a whole bgl area and I thought I'dtry a small one first.Cheers Norman

Guest JoeW

Dick....When you go over to another cell ( quardrant) as he has done, Will the program cover that? Does it make separate bgl's for each cell?I just finished a scenery and stopped at the cell line as I didn't know what would happen. Yes, the map Coords covered the area, top left and Bot right.ThanksJoe W.

Hi Joe.With G2k4 you can transparently cross a cell border... and it doesn't make a separate BGL to do so. That's good, as you can let your background image control the actual project area bounds.Dick

Guest JoeW

Great ....Thanks Dick.... I wish I had known that about 2 weeks ago. I stopped at the border. But I will remember that in the future.I also placed some dirt roads in that scenery and they all had roads branching out from the main road and the sides of the roads made it appear that they ended and then started up again. Has anyone developed a way to stop that from happening? I even placed roads on top of other roads to eleminate that.... It didn't.Thanks againJoe W.