Sign in to follow this  

FS2K2 / Firewall / MP?

Guest GiZBUG

Is there certain ports I need to open on my hardware firewall to connect to my pal to Multiplay FS2K2?

What he said!!!Later,Jay

Guest GiZBUG

Tried thatStill cant see my friends games =(

Ok,Tell me the following:1. What firewall are you running? Is it software or a hardware firewall?2. What operating system are you running, and what is your friend running?3. Is your friend running a firewall? He will need to open the same ports if he is running a firewall.Hope I can helpLater,Jay

Guest GiZBUG

1. Hardware / SMC Barricade 7004ABR2. Windows XP both machines, XP firewall disabled3. No, he doesnt ahve a firewall

I am running a Linksys router. It works perfectly. I opened the following ports:(Directly from microsoft)Using DirectX 8 method:Ports for Client Configuration >YOU<6073 Outbound 2302-2400 2302-2400 Ports for Host Configuration6073 Inbound 2302-2400 2302-2400 I used these ports. Although I am unfamiliar with the SMC, it should be simple to open these ports. Or FORWARD THESE PORTS TO YOUR IP ADDRESS OF YOUR PC FROM YOUR FIREWALL!!! THAT MAY ALSO BE THE REASON FOR IT NOT WORKING.Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help!!!Later,Jay

Be careful about opening ports - you will leave yourself open to invasive attacks from scanners, viruses or spyware....FYI check out this information site http://www.grc.com to qualify what I am saying here!I use ZoneLabs FireWall and can communicate in MSZONE or Direct IP for multiplayer without any problems..... bear in mind it could be your friends system that is not offering itself to your PC - for whatever reason... in other words - dont drop your system protection on the basis he cant connect to you!PS A useful program to detect SPYWARE is available (free) from http://www.lavasoftusa.combe safe and enjoy!