Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

HELP DESIGNERS!!!

Guest 727lvr

Is there any way to open the default scenery file of an airport to change ground textures and add macros??? Where I can actually see the scenery in a creator software?ANY HELP would be wonderful.Thanks , Dave

Hi,No you can not open and change default scenery. The method that is used is to exlcude everything you don't like and build that again from scratch. You can use a program like FSSC or Airport for that.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Okay, I was going to start a new thread, but replying to this one would probably be more appropriate. I have a huge problem with 2 windsocks being on the main runway at KIKV. I am looking for a way to get rid of them since the two that are supposed to be there are in the correct place, these are extras that are sticking out in the way. I finally did figure out which AP file contained that particular airport, but Im not even sure the windsock placement information is contained in that file. Furthermore, I cant edit it even if it was.So my question is......can I just replace that runway instead of redoing the entire airport, and then just exclude the particular runway these windsocks are on? I would rather not spend all the time to rebuild the entire airport and line everything up, I think it would be much easier to line up just the runway with the ILS, Glideslope and taxiways. Thanks for your help.Craig

It sounds like you only need to make two excludes around these windsocks, to get rid of them. No need to remake the runway.If you search this forum you will find a lot of threads about making the excludes.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Thanks. I did a lot of searching last night, but sounds like for the wrong thing. I was searching for moving/deleting windsocks, etc. I never thought about the exclude switch for just the windsocks because I thought it would exclude the runway as well since they reside there. I will definitely give it a shot. Thank you!Craig

If you make the exclude small enough you should be able to save the runway and only get rid of the windsocks.

Arno

FSSC will only let me go as small as 1m, and that wipes out the entire airport. I obviously havent messed with it very long, but I unchecked visual scenery (Ive tried it both ways). I got the lat/long for both windsocks, entered that information in FSSC as two different exclude areas with a size of 1m and it wipes out everything. Maybe Im doing something wrong...I will have more time a little later. Thanks.Craig

Hi Craig.Header( 1 41.69 41.68 -93.56 -93.57 )Exclude( 01 41.686317 41.686282 -93.566314 -93.566351 )Exclude( 01 41.689521 41.689502 -93.566499 -93.566524 )Save the above code as KIKVExcludeWindsocks.txt, and drag'n'drop it onto a SCASM icon. Then place the BGL in the Addon Scenery's "scenery" folder ( and make sure it is activated in the Scenery Library ). Alternately, you could make a new project folder named "Default Excludes" that contains a "scenery" sub-folder.. place the BGL in that sub-folder... and add the "Default Excludes" project to the Scenery Library.Dick

Hi Dick, Sorry for the long delay, I just received the message. It worked beautifully. Thank you very much! I would like you to submit this to the library, or if it is too much trouble, I can zip it up with the proper credits and submit it. I know there are a few people out there that would like to have it. A file I submitted for FS2k2 that included the ILS for this airport had 130 downloads or so. Thank you again...I cant say that enough. This has been bugging me since this sim came out, I just didnt really have the time to research it before.Craig