Sign in to follow this  

737 performance question (new to FS)

HiI just have a question about the default 737's performance.What is the Vr and V1 speed of the default 737 with 90% fuel on board?Here is what happened to me today.I put 90% fuel on board. I taxied to runway 4 ar KLGA. I positioned the plane at the end of the runway and applied brakes. I extended flaps 2 notches and trimmed up 8 notches. Then I applied full power, waited for the engined to spool up and released the brakes. The plane accelerated rapidly and at 140 I pulled back on the yoke but the nose did not come up. I relesed the yoke and let the plane accelerate. At 180KTS I pulled up but nose did not come up. The runway ended and just before hitting the water the plane nosed up a little bit but that was not enough and the plane rolled left, broke the left wing off and I saw a huge splash. :-( What did I do wrong? Also, this was the first time that I was actualy scared when I saw the end of the runway coming up and when I saw the plane bank and hit the water I got a fright becasue the sound was so realistic (and on full!!). I have to say that I got scared. Do I need a life or what?Anyway, I appreciate any help. If it's the flight model then can you please point me to a better one if there is one? Now I will turn the volume down before I get a heart attack. :-badteethTake careMike

Hi Mikk,two suggestions for better 737 flights,1. download Rob Young and Peter Sidoli's refined 737 flight model at www.realairsimulations.com2. download and go through Matt Zagoren's 737 performance procedures and limitations in the avsim library http://205.252.89.41/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=12748cheers,biber

Thanks biber!I'll do that now.Take careMike