Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

AFCAD2 and Add-on scenery (how to keep taxi lines visible)

Guest Claviateur

HelloI have a photoreal airport that I released for FS2002 and now I am updating it for FS2004. With AFCAD2 I loaded the default FS stock airport that corresponds to my add on one and moved the nodes of taxiways etc around to match my layout (I deleted the Rwys because I have them done with Architect2002) then saved in a new BGL file...Now the thing is that my airport has already taxi side lines, center lines, hold etc done with Architect using the FS2002/2004 type of taxi lines but when I tried AFCAD2 I loved the way it links taxis with sidelines and centerlines precisely and easily...So I disabled my add-on scenery taxilines but when I save the AF2 BGL and put it in my scenery folder, I do not see the taxilines traced with AFCAD2. The help file with AFCAD2 mentions that the add-on scenery exclusion(s) will remove the visual elements of both default scenery and AF2.bgl as well. So basically only the AFD data is used from the AFCAD2 and not the visual elements like the taxilines... The help also speaks about "layering" and a possible way to make visual elements from the AFCAD2 bgl file show over the add-on scenerySo does anyone knows how to make this possible?ThanksMichel

Guest luissa

Hello Michel,If you have an exclude file in your local scenery folder and if the exclude rectangle(s) includes the ARP of your airport, then the visual elements in your AF2 file will not be visible.May be a solution is to remake your exclusion so that the ARP is not included. Note that I am just guessing.By the way: it would be very interesting to understand the "layering", the exclusion and other mechanisms of AF2 files. I am sure that the new AFD format will play a very important role in the future of scenery design for MSFS. Anyone wants to share information on the internal data structure of AF2 files?Kind Regards,Luis

Guest Claviateur

Yes indeed, it would be nice to experiment and see how one can take advantage of some of the visual elements genrated by AFCAD2. The taxilines for example are just perfectly traced fast and easy based on the dots connections. I passed a huge amount of time back in FS2002 tracing them in scenery design tools,one by one.On the other hand, if we decide to make things from the AF2 visible like taxilines, the apron of the default airport will also be visible wish will conflict with the add-on scenery. Or we can wait for future versions of AFCAD2 where one can delete the default airport apron for exemple to avoid the conflict with add-on polys or photoreal...CheersMichel

Guest luissa

>On the other hand, if we decide to make things from the AF2>visible like taxilines, the apron of the default airport will>also be visible wish will conflict with the add-on scenery. Michael,You can delete te apron. "Select All" and then "Delete" will remove everything. Then you need to add the taxiways, runway, ...Luis

Guest JoeW

>>>On the other hand, if we decide to make things from the AF2>>visible like taxilines, the apron of the default airport>will>>also be visible wish will conflict with the add-on scenery. >>Michael,>>You can delete te apron. "Select All" and then "Delete" will>remove everything. Then you need to add the taxiways, runway,>...>>LuisThats not exactly true... At least in my experences. I have excluded all the default scenery of several airports except the apron. I don't know what layer it is, but, I have excluded all the first 16 layers before i gave up. I have 3 airports that I would like to exclude the apron.Joe W.