Sign in to follow this  
Holger

FS9 scenery shimmers

Guest ScottR

I recently installed FS9 and find that the terrain scenery seems to shimmer a lot especially at low altitude. Also,you can see even quite close scenery being redrawn as you fly along. This is a bit disappointing as the scenery in FS2k2 was rock steady by comparison.Has anyone else struck this problem?I have played around quite a bit with the display/hardware settings but can't seem to improve the situation much. Does anyone have any advice on the best settings to use?My PC is a P4 2.2 gHz with 512mB of DDR ram and a geforce4 Ti 4400 card, running winME and DX9a.Would Dx9b help?What are the best drivers for my graphics card? I am using the original Leadtek drivers, but would the latest invidia drivers make a difference?

Guest ScottR

Sorry Guys, I should have searched the forums before making this post. I can see that it has all been covered before - although I am still a bit in the dark over what the best solutions are.

Howdy:I can't provide any specific advice as my system is completely different from yours but the two settings that best address issues of shimmering and slow redrawing on MY system are:1. ?Mip mapping quality? slider set to 4, in the Display > Hardware tab2. TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400, in the DISPLAY section of FS9.cfg (try different numbers between 80 and 400)Hope that helps. Cheers, Holger