Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anthony_D

AFCAD - sunken planes

Guest Anthony_D

Hello Everyone,I'm currently working on Kvernberget Airport, Kristiansund, Norway using Norwegian Airports version 8.My problem here is that all the planes are below the tarmac - the best I can get is a Braathens B737 tailfin protruding through! I've looked at the help file and it seems I can adjust the altitude of the airport at the "Airport Reference Point" or the runway altitude. I did this but it had no effect. Can anyone help here?

Yeah, I'm stumped by the same thing -- changing the runway, reference point and starting point elevations don't work.I think in the meantime I need to flatten the area to what the default recognises as the proper height. Rather a nuisance, but I can do that, I just wanted not to have to move it too far from reality : )

We have noticed the same problem. Our scenery doesn't use the default altitude and at the moment we can not yet fix the AI height. I have read somewhere that this height function is for future versions of AFCAD.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Anthony_D

>We have noticed the same problem. Our scenery doesn't use the>default altitude and at the moment we can not yet fix the AI>height. I have read somewhere that this height function is for>future versions of AFCAD.OK, It seems a work around would be to reduce the height of the addon scenery. I've never done this before but I believe that there's a 1kb bgl file for flattening and excluding default scenery at my airport in question. Could I use this file to lower the scenery as well as the ground? Or would the scenery appear to float on top of the ground?What format would this bgl file appear as? - a binary or an ascii format? If it's something that can be manipulated in notepad then I could potentially get this sorted :-)