Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

Arghh..some people must have the FS2004 SDK.

Hi Markus,I applaud your efforts and those of Lee. Also, thank you for the offer of assistance. Take care,Allen

Guest christian

Hi Markus,I got quite a lot of new BGL decoded. However, I'm still stuck on creating a new airport from scratch. The only missing piece is how to link menu entries to the visual scenery. I can't make sense of some bytes in the new NAMELIST struct. Did you get anywhere there?Cheers, Christian

Guest in_04

>Hi Markus,>>I got quite a lot of new BGL decoded. However, I'm still stuck>on creating a new airport from scratch. The only missing piece>is how to link menu entries to the visual scenery. I can't>make sense of some bytes in the new NAMELIST struct. Did you>get anywhere there?>>Cheers, Christian>Hi Christian,sorry for the question but NAMELIST is the 0x2700 structure which list the country, Townname and airport?I'm examining the AFD structure for data which I will use for a GA AI Traffic generator. For this program I didn't need much data, so I didn't looked in every value. But the NAMELIST locked very easy. It contains the number of country, towns, airport names and the offsets to the tables.Hope we speak of the same table. If yes I could extract the data structure.Please post here or send me a PM.ByeMarkus

Guest PaulL01

>well, I'm proud to have written "complete bs"...I have a real>problem with folks who go part way and then quit...>>lol>>we disagree, and that suits me fine.>>enjoy...>>Bob BYes, I have been one of those morons in the past who wrote partial BS And I'll admit to that... :-rollSorry to have replied so coarsely Bob, And though I agree that technically MSFS doesn't owe us SDKs and such as far as any binding rights go...It is still a companies good faith obligation to its paying customers no matter how many or few to follow through with what they themselves have stated they would do as a matter of course as the nest versions progressed (FS2k and on) as far as timely SDKs.MSFS are the ones who said they would deliver and some of us believed them, so please try to understand the need to vent or "complain", this method has actually worked quite well in the past and can be directly attributed towards improvements made as a result there of the then said just now previous complaint that were said...sorry I got lost there... And I can tell you I am getting near to publishing a dedicated web page exclusively dedicated towards highlighting things that were missed, broken, misplaced, ignored, and things that designers are struggling with or that they do not have any control over that are holding the sim back such as lack of 512x512 or better terrain textures etc.Anyway, I wanted to apologize for jumping on you and as always appreciate your polite replies to my sometimes-moronic twist on things.

Paul, nice note. I recently was harsh to Luis in a different thread...I also saw my writing as over the edge. It happens to everybody.No harm done...enjoy,Bob B