Sign in to follow this  
arno

****GMAX SCENERY DISAPPEARING !!!!*****

Guest HSIMAN

My Gmax scenery suddenly disappears when I slew over it!! When I reach a certain heading it simply vanishes! Any idea ?I have had many good answers to my questions in the past and I hope sommebody could help me with this one.Thanks to allchristian, paris, france

Too small v2 value probably. Have you placed the object directly from GMax or using an API? By default the v2 should be correct.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest HSIMAN

hi arnothanks fot replyingI use direct bgl from gmax. And the scene is not very large (1500 meters)What is v2?thanks christian

It is a value in the RefPoint that indicates the radius of the object.Here is an example of the RefPoint command as GMax makes it in BGLC:[tt]SCALE_AGL OBJECT_0_RETURN, 10000, 338, 131072, 00043D426h, 038E4h, 0E38E38E3h, 08E39h, 0, 0[/tt]In this case the v2 value is 338. Maybe you can check the value your scenery has there. It should be the radius of a circle where your entire object fits in.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest HSIMAN

thank you ArnoI ll have a look and work on itmany thankschristian

Guest Airprox

I too have had this happen, the way I get around it (for FS2004 that is) is to go into the Display settings, under Hardware, there is a check box for "Render to Texture"... UNCHECK this box. Works for me, with no other noticeable side effects. Give it a try, you can always go back and "check" the box if it doesn't work.CheersAlun

Humm, that is interesting. I wouldn't know how that option should have anything to do with this :). Christian, I would be interested to hear if this tip helped you.

Arno