Sign in to follow this  
Guest jrsky75

The best computer to run MSFS 2002 at? Need an advice

Guest jrsky75

Can everyone please post a suggestion as for the new computer i should get... I know there are lots of computer Gurus here :)I Need a fast high end system, the best video card (i think the GeForce 4 Ti 4600 is my target...), the best sound card, the best RAM for the best motherboard, procesor, and so on :)Best regards:-jumpyRodrigo NavarroKSAN/MMTJBTW- Thanks for posting an answer

Guest Vulcho

Here's my suggestion:Do not buy anything that is a bundle-such as gateway, compaq, HP.Build it yourself.Something like:AMD Atlon XP 1800+ and above. / Pentium 4 2.2GHz and aboveEpox KHA8+ MB (includes build in sound cardbut is crappy)Creative Labs Soundcard (newest model)GeForce4 Ti4600/4400512 RAM or aboveAnd extras:MS Sidewinder FFB 2 orCH Products Yoke + Rudder pedals (I prefer those than the joystick)Cambridge Soundworks 5/6 set speakers with BASS turned up) :) Really effective on gear up/down or flapsand optical mouse (M$)Before you buy RAM, check the MOBO you want to buy, and see the kind of RAM it would accept. i.e. -> RDRAM, DDRAM, or SDRAMOtherwise, you'll buy the ram and then it won't work.Hmmm, if you buy all this you'll spend a fortune.http://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-stroke.gif

Guest jrsky75

Alex, thanks a lot for the suggestion, actually, I had heard about not buying bundles, cz they always contain some crappy parts, and only 1 good one, as for the $, i have no more than 2900 dollars to spend for this computer, but...I will check for prices.by the way...BUMP! folks please keep posting suggestionsBest RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJBTW- Alex, your suggestion is being highly considered :) thxEdit- Grammar check :)

What do you need to get for $2900? Monitor? Printer? DVD-RW? Ultra fast HDD? Data redundancy? Network capable? Go to a good clone builder and work with them to find out where you should put your $$--that is, on what components based on your usage patterns. Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I buy from my local computer shop, which carry theirown brand. I buy the fastest I can afford with the quickestcard. I stipulate that it must be able to run FS2002 properly.If there are ANY problems, I plonk it back on their deskand say, You make it work, or refund. This has workedexcellently.If you are a computer expert, then try yourself.I haven't run across a computer expert. First questionyou ask them, they dunno the answer, or try to bluff itthrough.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest jrsky75

Everything,,I'm building it from scratchBest RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJ

Guest jrsky75

Sounds great, where do you live at?Maybe they have a store in the San diego sorroundings...Best RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJ

See:http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/And save half your $2900.00. Be sure and use the configurator to customize to your liking.Also: Great 21" Monitors for $299.00. I have one, at:http://www.tigerdirect.comBob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest jrsky75

Bob, thanks for the links, they seem to have great prices, i'll look forward to buy from them when i have the list of stuff i decide to put together for the computer.again, thxBUMP- folks, please keep posting suggestions, they are really apreciated :)Best RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJ

Guest Philip Olson

Rodrigo, I just got a new system, I do suggest going to this site and check them out. J&N Computer You can get a lot of information here and many people I have talked to (me included)are happy with their service and prices. Plus they have a monthly drawing for $350 in parts! I spent a little less than $1800 on my system, here are the particulars.ASUS A7V333 motherboard with RaidAMD XP2100 CPUCorsair 512 MB PC2700 DDR memory CAS 2GeForce 4 TI4600 video card (Visiontek)Antec Performance Plus case with 430 watt power supply3 Com network cardMaxtor 60 GB 7200 RPM UDMA 133 Hard driveToshiba 16/48x DVD driveFloppy driveWindows XP Home I think that this is all I got from them, I already had a CD burner, other hard drives and other pieces parts to put in it.Check them out, and I hope you have as much fun as I did getting my new system!Philip

Guest georgi55

$2900!!!!! GET THIS!!!http://www.alienware.com/main/system_pages/area51.aspor check out others athttp://www.alienware.com/You can customize so that you can remove/add stuff you don't need/need.

Guest Max Cowgill

>$2900!!!!! GET THIS!!!>http://www.alienware.com/main/system_pages/area51.asp >or check out others at http://www.alienware.com/ >You can customize so that you can remove/add stuff you don't >need/need. Or, you know, DON'T. ;) If you want to build the system yourself (which I highly recommend), checkout pricewatch.com for the lowest prices on the net. With $2900 to spend you can assemble a system with virtually any components you desire. My recommendation: Athlon XP 2100+ w/1GB (or more) PC2700 DDR RAM, GF4 Ti 4600 (or wait another month or two for Parhelia), Epox 8K3A or MSI KT3 Ultra, 7200RPM Maxtor or WD HD, Hercules or Phillips sound card, DVD, CD-RW, yada yada yada. If you're more interested in an Intel system, you may want to check out the new P4"B" CPUs w/a 533MHz FSB (2.26, 2.4, 2.53GHz). Of course, an Intel system is going to cost you a bit more than an AMD system, but the choice is yours.Max Cowgill

Guest Vulcho

Wow-$2900! For $2900 you can get sooooome piece of equipment. I would also go with the Maxtor Drive-I have two of them-just GET THE QUIET ONES BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO NOISY AT TIMES AND PERSONALLY I HATE THAT! :-lolhttp://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-stroke.gif

Guest Max Cowgill

>Wow-$2900! For $2900 you can get sooooome piece of >equipment. Yes, $2900. In Rodrigo's (jrsky75) second post in the thread he mentioned his spending limit was $2900.Max Cowgill

Guest jrsky75

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, i saw that alienware computer, it looks so darn nice, but i am just wondering if the pieces it has, are good parts, but it does seem to be a nice system,i am looking for prices in the links you guys gave me, thanks.BUMP- folks, please keep posting suggestions, they're all going into considerationThanks a lot :)Best RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJEdit- I was hungry, so i eated lots of letters :-lol