Sign in to follow this  
Guest jrsky75

The best computer to run MSFS 2002 at? Need an advice

Guest Max Cowgill

>I sort of assumed that, haha. However..some people have been >known to stick windows into "someone elses puter", haha, >among other apps. I guess it's a rhetorical question...which >comes down to: is there a puter big/strong/fast enough to do >it wide open, with tons of add ons, and make it look like >the box? Or is it, more or less, designed one step ahead of >the puter industry? {which leads on to FS2004..do we buy >new computers again?). I know I will, I have a dinosaur. I've always thought that MSFS was designed with future hardware in mind, otherwise people like us wouldn't have a reason to buy new hardware ;) All sillyness aside, this is quite true. Afterall, how much additional revenue does MS receive when you buy a new computer to run FS? While a small (but growing) percentage of MSFS users are building their own PCs, and not necessarily generating any direct revenue for MS, the vast majority of MSFS users still buy OEM machines, the sales of which do create direct revenue for MS via the licensing of Windows to OEMs. Even if you don't buy a copy of Windows with your new PC, that's just one more potential machine for a future version of Windows (and other revenue-generating apps) to be installed upon, in the view of MS. Even the installation of non-revenue-generating apps (like internet explorer, and media player) still get the MS brand name out there to the public. The more MS apps Joe Schmoe has installed on his comp, the more likely Mr. Schmoe is to buy MS apps in the future (MS = good in his mind).Max Cowgill

Guest jrsky75

Lizardo, good idea, too bad i ain't a computer nerd for NASA :-lolMax, thanks for the offer, i just added ya to my AIL buddy list :)Best Regards:-jumpyRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJEDIT- ADDED EM :)TIC :)NS

I don't live in the US. But if I did, here is one place I'd go to buy a preconfigured PC. http://www.viciouspc.com/ .Their 'Predator' machine really has some very impressive specs and costs around $2,750 -(although their site design looks like a bit sinister ;-) ). Best of all you can customize what you want and don't want. I found this link while browsing the nVidia site. Check it out. regards Keralapilot'ever try landing a 737 in a paddy field'

Yeah, if you need help definetly talk to Max. He knows what he's talking about. He just helped me configure a kick ##### system for about $3000, not including the CPU. Max knows what he's talking about, plus hes a nice and awesome guy.Max that system you helped me config was ordered today, it's gonna be killer man :-lol-Jake :-rotflmao