Sign in to follow this  
arno

Exporting my Hangar from GMAX

Guest drucci

I am having difficulties exporting my hangar that I created in GMAX, into the scenery of Flightsim 2004. I am using the GMAX program that came with FS2004. When I export my building, I can export it to the scenery folder, but I'm never prompted, or given an option of where to place the object in the game (no place to add any coordinates for the location). An earlier post I read on this forum talked about having the GMAX version that came with FS2002 registered before an export could be performed. Well I registered my copy of FS2002's GMAX when I was using FS'02, and I was given a password and login for it. If this is the case, how do I transfer the information for GMAX/FS2002 to the current version, GMAX/FS2004? Any help is much appreciated !!!

Guest JohnC

GMAXSUPPORT.COM has a lot of information on how to use Makemdl to export a model to FS2k /FS9.

Guest Gator40019

Hey Drucci,You need to get the scenery sdk and make mdl sdk from Microsoft. They have all the files you need for scenery export with gmax. There is also a gmax tutorial which describes the process using a house.http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...sdk.asp#sceneryFollow the directions and you should be able to export your scenery as *.bgl from gmax. You should get a prompt with many tabs asking where and how you would like to export your file. Make sure you are choosing scenery. There are also many good tutorials here and on the web which will describe the process better than I. The latest version of GMAX can be used to update your 2k2 version. I don't think I had to register it again, but if I did it must have been painless...Hope this helps.WARNING!!!!If you are successful and start to enjoy this scenery stuff, It can get addicting...lol*:-*

Sounds like you did not install the gamepack correct. You will find it with Fs2002 (the file FsModExp.dle can only be found there, it is not part of one of the SDKs).After that you can update the MakeMDL.exe to the latest version from the MakeMDL SDK.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog