Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

How do I exclude an autogen bridge?

Guest Checkmate

At the mouth of Tampa bay where the Sunshine Skyway bridge should be MS has one of those autogen bridges that ends in the middle of the bay. How do I get rid of it so I can put in a decent replacement? I tried a standard exclude to no avail.

... I use G2K4 too but for a small exclude here and there I'd recommend DefArea, also by Christian Fumey. It's as simple as loading FS, slewing to the bridge, starting DefArea, selecting layer 7, and recording the extent of the bridge. A final mouse-click, and the exclude .bgl is being compiled.Cheers, Holger

Guest Checkmate

I know this will ruffle some feathers. But the gui for ground 2k is absolutly oblique.

Hi Checkmate.Christian Fumey does have his own way for his GUI. Once you learn the GUI it is quite usable. I'm sure if you have suggestions, Christian will consider them. And your always welcome to create your own program... the more tools and options we have, the better.Sorry Checkmate. I was a bit ruffled, but I'll get over it. :)Dick

Guest Checkmate

Hi Dick,I'm not complaining (well, maybe a little) I just can't figure out how to get g2k4 to do anything. It looks like it is an amazing program but I just can't figure out how to use it. I've sunk a few hours into learning it but I just don't get it. How do I initiate drawing a poly or line for instance?Actually I wrote some tools to create, combine, oversample, and edit mesh a year or so ago. I though about uploading them but..., well..., (grinning sheepishly) the user interfaces were pretty bad.RegardsJohn

Hi John:To start a line or polygon, click on the 'N' button and then on the first point of your line/poly. A window will pop up for you to fill in the necessary information but you can do that afterwards as well, so just dismiss it and continue with your line. I assume you've seen Luis' ground2k_for_beginners_121649.zip tutorial, here in the file library?Cheers, Holger