Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FSSC where is my airport ??

Guest doc72

Hi all,I tried the user friendly FSSC program to create my private airport.I made the tutorial, but, I can

Guest doc72

I tried this also, but my Airport isn

Guest doc72

Yes I can slew to my airport an its on the correct position !!

Guest doc72

I tried "Airport for Windows" to see if it works.No entry in airport list is shown, but the Airport I have made, I can find under search add-on scenery.With FSSC I cannot find my airport anywhere, only with slew mode.

If you use the old style menu commands your airport will be visible in the addon section of the goto airport menu. At the moment FSSC (and Airport) can not yet create the new style AFD data that is used for the normal goto airport menu. You can use AFCAD for this.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest doc72

hmm, the problem is, that AFCAD1.4 uses the old style and I become no Airport in the "Go to Airport" Section and AFCAD2 in unable to open my Airport, because it is not recognized as valif AFD file and has no import option. How can I make a new AFD-file when AFCAD2 isn

At the moment you can only tweak the existing AFD file with AFCAD2, as far as I know you can not make new ones yet.So then you would have to use the old style menu commands, these show up in the addon scenery menu.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest doc72

Okay,in conclusion I have to recognize, that:-AFCAD2 is NOT usable to create Airports for FS2004 and can NOT open selfmade Airports and convert it in the new AFD-file style, because of the message "bgl file is not in recognized AFD format".-FSSC can NOT be used for creating airports for FS2004, because the airport is only reachable via slew mode and isn

Guest doc72

CORRECTION:FSSC is usable for creating airports for FS2004.The tutorial forgetts to say, that a "Menueeintrag" must be explicitly set, means starting point. Then the created airport is shown under add-on scenery !!!Doc

STOP IT, Frank! Just stop it! Your killing here!!! :-lolHappy Thanksgiving!!W. Sieffert