Sign in to follow this  
Guest flynman2

Is FlightSim Architect Done For?????

Guest flynman2

Is FlightSim Architect Done For?????If you are a scenery designer you will know about this product created by Mr Doug Pouk.I have been trying to create some new scenery for KGEG in FS9, I have spend a 1/2 a day on a Embraer EM2 to go and get reference photos for the project...while the terminal building is looking great the ground textures are lacking as a result that FSA330 build 11 does not read the BGL files in FS9..It has now been 4 months since FS9 has came out and this product has yet to be updated infact.....it appears as though its creator has kinda gone AWOL as there is little...more specificly no activity on the message board by either user or Doug himself.While you can load in the proper file from FS 2002 the question/concern I have had is what about those who have disgarded or have never owned a copy of FS2002....Id say they are kind of stuck.I have stated before that I have no problem paying for upgrades/patches for new versions of FS so I think I have a right to be concerned that a product that I have spent $$$ in in the past and its future compatibility issues.I know this probably is in the wrong forum but if you have seen or heard from Doug..please let him know that his paying public would like his attention.And no......I am not interested in Airport2.6 and FSSC has limited use....Regards

Guest rafaelds

Going slightly off-topic, but... Which plane would be the Embraer EM2 be? Just curious, since sometimes the Embraer planes carry slightly different model designators in Brazil and in the rest of the world.Rafa

>And no......I am not interested in Airport2.6 and FSSC has>limited use....I have used FS Architect on several of my projects, but I have made the transition back to AFW 3.0 . The designers of AFW 3.0 have proven themselves to be committed to further development of their software, and there is a much larger user base and a very active support forum.So, I realise that you like FS Architect for your own reasons, but why not give AFW another try? Is there a specific feature that you use in FS Architect that is missing in AFW?- Martin

I've recently heard from Mr Pouk, but not the answer I wanted : )After a burglary I went looking for FS Architect to reinstall it on my new system. I'd lost a lot of backup discs, so I downloaded it again, only to find that my license no longer applied to the latest version. Unfortunately Mr Pouk was unable to supply me with the older version, and suggested I pay for the latest one.Although I normally don't mind paying for updates, I don't really think I've got my money's worth out of this.At the moment I'm re-evaluating Airport For Windows and FSSC, but if someone could send my an old version of FSA I could update some of my scenery files:)

Guest JoeW

I bought FS Architect for FS2002 and never got more than 3 macros into a scenery and the program would crash back to desktop. Never got it to work.Airport for windows on the other hand is very stable and has never crashed.I too dislike paying for Beta programs that never work right and there is no support for.Joe W.

I think the reason Architect has not been updated yet is because there is no info available about the new BGL formats used. FSSC and Airport don't support real Fs2004 features either. So I think we first need to wait for a SDK from MS.I don't use Architect myself, because I don't like the way it works with macros. I use GroundMaker and FSSC myself, but these are capable of creating sceneries for Fs2004 (although not all new features are supported of course).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest flynman2

>>I have, and will continue to use Architect for doing>sceneries. In my opinion, the best out there. I also have had>no problem in getting support.>The program can not be updated till MS releases the new SDKs>Then why cant the creator annouce his further vision for this product, nothing I hate worse than developers who ignore those who support there endevours.I have yet to see any further development statements on his website and as earlier stated he is not answering post in the message board.Maybe if you have a direct line to him you should ask him to give a update on this product.......A question for you......Lee Swordy has no problem getting the airport overlay showing in his AFCAD2.11 so why cant the overlay show in FSA.....I dont think the SDK is the problem....Regards

Lee has spend a lot of time figuring out how it works. But not all the information is available to everybody, we need the SDK for that. At the moment AFCAD is the only program with this feature, none of the other programs has it yet. Also not every develloper is willing to spend that much time on finding how it works, while the SDK will reveal it when it is released.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest flynman2

Arno.......It would be nice to hear it from Dougs fingers that this is the case and his future plans......Thats All!!!

That's true, for his future plans with Architect you should have an answer from him. We can only guess here :). But I have never seen him on this forum you I think you should wait for a reply on his own site then.Good luck :).

Arno

Have you considered that Doug may not be able to know what he'll do until he sees the SDK. There are major changes in this version. Try to imagine this from his shoes. How would you be able to establish plans, assuming he has major unsolved problems attempting to make the tool work with fs9 currently, and he can't know when the sdk will be released, and he can't really know if he'll be able to incorporate the needed changes even then.I strongly recommend you try to view this from Doug's perspective. Bob B

Guest flynman2

Bob I have taken that into account but the main reason for my post was a result of what I see a lack of customer support in general.As stated earlier Doug has not answered a post in his support forum in well over 3 months. I think that shows he is not visiting his forum on a daily/regular basis as new post are not answered by him or anyone else that is using FSA.I have like many others spent $39.95 with a understanding that if I needed support that a support forum was set up for that purpose and was included in the price.Maybe Just Maybe....he's busy working on his Plateau Project.........What about ours.?????????????

I can see that issue, but I'm not sure what posting here is accomplishing. Doug doesn't read this forum, it appears. Have you considered what your honest purpose is?