Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

Lost airport!

I'm using APT2.6 157 to modify a default airfield (FS2002). I had some problems and decided to ditch the whole lot and start again. But now I cannot call up the original default airfield (6R7 - Kodiak Is, AK). When I try to create a flight from 6R7, or use the 'Go to airport' command, I find myself in open country about 200 miles from Winnipeg! Intuitive it aint.Should I re-install the original afd.bgl (alaseafd.bgl)? Or what is the easiest way to restore the default airfield without doing a full re-install. I have backed up all my scenerydb files and afd files. Thanks in advance.

Supporter.png

John

Guest Barney1

Care to tell us why you 'removed' the original afd file? By all means, put it back and see what happens.

BarneyThanks. I didnt deliberately remove the original .afd file. I'll explain. The idea was to add runway lighting to the default runway. To cut a long story short I messed up with this so I reckoned the easiest thing to do was to remove my 'new' lighted runway and start again. I did this manually in scenery .cfg and also I deleted the relevant Addon scenery .bgl and folders. I did not think any of this would change the default airfield - I've done many sceneries before - but for some unaccountable reason, it did. Whether it is all due to a corrupted .afd file or something else I do not know. I'd be grateful for advice.

Supporter.png

John

Happy Days! I replaced a corrupted .afd file with a backup of the original and 6R7 is found! Now, I'd be grateful for advice on how to add lighting to this 2750 ft runway. Must I make a new runway (e.g. in APT) with its own lighting, or is there some way of adding lighting alone to the default runway?

Supporter.png

John

No, you would need to make a new runway with for ezample Airport and then exclud the old one. It is not possible to modify the default scenery,

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest knnygar

>Now, I'd be grateful for advice on how to add lighting to this>2750 ft runway. Must I make a new runway (e.g. in APT) with>its own lighting, or is there some way of adding lighting>alone to the default runway?>You can make the lights in Gmax and place them as a new scenery.I dont think you can do this in APT?I have done this in my scenery: http://213.161.226.155/bilder/Scenery08.jpg

I have tried that method as well, but the light made with GMax (or FSDS, or SCASM, or ...) have a very limited range (much smaller then the default runway). So therefore I didn't really like the result of that method.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks, this Gmax lighting looks cool; lighting at GA airfields is usually low intensity for VFR at night. I've not any Gmax design before and I get the feel there's a steep learning curve!

Supporter.png

John