Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Excluding 1 telephone pole?

Guest Claviateur

HelloThere is 1 single telephone pole that falls on a taxiway in my photogrid airport layout and I am trying to exclude it. I do not want to exclude the whole area, or the whole poles in the land but just this single one. Any way to do this?Thanks :)Michel

I don't think you can do this. I had some problems with "artifacts" appearing as a line of telephone poles where they shouldn't be. It seemed to be related to scasm excludes somehow. Read this thread for some more info.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=15149&page=7I think the thing to do is to delete the area, and then re-draw the roads to the point where you want the telephone poles to end.- Martin

Hi Michel.I think Martin is right. You'll need to use a VTP exclude for the LOD13 Area and layer, then redraw that section of road ( if you still want it ).I noticed Martin has released his Bangkok scenery for FS9:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=40060( I hope he does write that tutorial on his methods of scenery design )Dick

Guest Claviateur

Thanks gentlemen for the replies, I believe I am cought in this issue because the road on wish the pole appears is a road I traced myself and that was for FS2002. Now in 2004, the poles are placed automatically on the roads yet nothing can be done until the SDK explains those things I believe :( wish will delay my update of the scenery, oh well...CheersMichel

Hi Michel.If you made the roads yourself, you could change the texture assignment to names, rather than terrain.cfg numbers. Use the full seasonal set plus a night texture, as per the SDK.Then it should have no poles.Dick

>I traced myself and that was for FS2002. Now in 2004, the>poles are placed automatically on the roads yet nothing can beAnother option is to make it a 1 lane road, which shouldn't have any poles. You can keep it the same width as before. I used this in my scenery to get rid of telephone poles around the airport.- Martin

Guest Claviateur

Thanks, will try this!Michel