Sign in to follow this  
arno

ILS in 2004

Guest grimmy

Hey Chaps,What's the deal with ILSs' in FS2004. I've tried adding one with FSSC & AFCAD2 but, it's still using the old Microsoft default ILS.Pretty sure I excluded them in FSSC but they refuse to die.Is this a known issue? Hope it can be fixed in the future.Thanks Guys,George

The FSSC exclude does not work for the new AFD ILS format. And it seems that at the moment AFCAD2 can still not change the defailt ILS data (correct me if I am wrong, but this is what our NL2000 AFCAD man told me). So at the moment there is not much you can do about this.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Arno, you are correct about AFCAD not saving the ILS to the modified AFCAD file. This limitation is stated at the top of the help document.I have found that a totally new airport can have an ILS in its compiled *.bgl. Just make an invisible runway without lights in a Scenery Design Program (FSSC, AFW), then use AFCAD to place the visible runway in the same location. The new ILS will work as before.W. Sieffert

Yes, for totale new airports there is no problem. The problem is when your scenery is located more accurate then the MS default scenery, because then you still get the default ILS that puts you somewhere in the grass or so :). I hope this is solved soon.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest meyrowings

Well, when You're flying a flightplan, You still have the problem that ATC directs You to a VISUAL approach (even in a snowstorm) since it does not recognize the "new" ILS. But let's be fair, Lee has done a magnificient job so far (thanks a lot pal!!!) and I'm sure sooner or later he'll have it covered.Torsten

Forget this :). I was still sleeping I guess and replied to the first post (which I had already done of course) and not to the last added one.

Arno