Sign in to follow this  
Guest royboy

API macro polygons created with FSDS

Guest royboy

I am having a problem with some polygons that I hope someone can shed some light on.I have attached 3 images each marked as to what they are and with arrows pointing out where the problem is.I have created a building with FSDS 2.24. To achieve the results of textured enf gables I created a polygon from the end points and applied a texture to it.As you can see in the FSDS image it looks fine in FSDS.But after compiling the textures seem to be mapped to only half the polygons.It does not matter if they are loaded into FS2002 or FS9.The macro was created as an API macro and compiled with scasm 2.85 and FS Architect 3.3. I tried this with both API and SCA created macros with the same effect.Any help appreciated.Ray

I had a similar problem with one of my macros. I textured it in FSDS, and it displayed correctly there, but when I exported it to FS2004, the texture was missing from a few polygons. The texture is being used on other parts of the same macro, so it is not a problem of missing texture. I tried to split the part into two parts, and re-texture it, and try again, but it still wouldn't work. I made sure that there was only one part there - not two that might cause a problem.Anyway, in the end, I never did fix it. I couldn't figure it out, and I got frustrated so I just left it. I think maybe I'll go back and just start from scratch, but that part seems to be "cursed".- Martin

Guest Larry S

I use fsds also, maybe too much lately. I can't make out what the middle arrow in picture 1 is pointing to, so I clicked on the magnifying glass to zoom. DUHHH.I've never had this happen, so I don't have an answer, and I do the same thing you did a lot. A few thoughts to try to chase it down...if you haven't tried this already.Looks like same texture is used on left and right arrows, does a different texture do the same thing? Sounds like you selected three or more points in the area you wanted to fill and used the "create poly from selected points" option, what if you just make a 3 sided poly and move the points to fill the hole? It's a longer way to do it, but if it works... Does same thing happen if you make a bgl with fsds instead of creating a macro? Or try copy one of the poly's and paste it into a new project alone. The resulting SCA file will only have info for that part, and may be small enough to post here. Maybe someone far more familiar with sca files than me (and that would be just about anybody) will spot the problem.Hope you find an answer. Usually when I read something like this, it happens to me in a very short time.

Guest royboy

Thanks for your reply. One of the things you mentioned twigged on me. In fact the polygons did have 4 points as they were made from the end of a square with one point moved up to make a triangular object. Removing the extra point and recreating the polygons solved the problem.Thanks againRay