Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shaun Manners

Bristol International 2003

Guest Shaun Manners

Hi all!So many of you have helped me create my scenery, overcoming problems I wanted to say thanks! and heres a few screenshots of my scenery.I have uploaded it to the avsim file library, just search for bia2003.zipall the best.Shaunhttp://bristol-scenery.hypermart.net

Guest sapper42

Very Nice, Welldone !!Kepp up the good work !Jeff

Great work shaun, Bristol was where I did my first trial lesson (nearly fifteen years ago now).I initially thought the new terminal should be semi-transparent, but having parked-up in front of it a few times the textured effect works really really well (apart from not seeing a reflection of your own plane facing you! maybe something for FS2050).Could I perhaps ask about the apron floodlights? Whether there was a specific snag with having them lit at night?BTW, love the rolling countryside. I'm seriously tempted to try the farmstrip we fly from on the other side of Bath.cheers,CJ

Guest Shaun Manners

Hi CJThanks for your comments! I'm glad you like it! I have had a couple of nice comments about it now, including one from a chap who actually works at the airport!I agree about the terminal, I did start to design one with semi transparent glass etc.. but designing the inside was a lot to do, and with framerates at a premium I decided a nice photorealistic texture was the best option! the reflection of the aircraft sounds like a good idea! wonder if I could do a reflective texture for that.. hmmm certainly one to think about!As to the floodlights, well the 'bulbs' do light up in the evening/night time, but there is no actual beam of light as it were, the reason for this is that after trying out someones macro of a floodlight, it looked great when coming in on approach, or taxiing to the gate, but it disappeared when you parked on stands 1-3, it just looked a bit odd (hard to explain!) if anyone has any ideas about this I'm open to suggestions! maybe theres some effect like a landing light that could be employed?yeah I love the rolling countryside too! doesn't quite feel like Bristol without it! That farmstrip sounds good! I'd be interested to see that if you go for it! I might add in the dock cranes in at the mouth of the river avon, and i think someone has made the clifton suspension bridge... would certainly make quite a collection of scenery for the area!ok I'd better stop talking before you all fall asleep! ;) oh one last thing though, it was kindly pointed out to me that taxiing using my scenery was like taxiing over a ploughed field! I have created a patch for this now thats smoothed the taxiways and aprons(using Arnos 'Bumpy' program, thanks Arno! it worked a charm!) you can get the patch from my website.CheersShaunhttp://bristol-scenery.hypermart.net