Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

Library Object

Guest Keyno

Hi,Do you know the name of tanker-ship objects in default Sydney scenery?And how can I find information more then thier names in BGL_Compiler_SDK , about MS library objects.ThanksKenan

Guest Keyno

Hi Again,Is there any method you know to use objects in a city , into an another city?

If you know the GUID of the object you want to use, you can fairly easily place it on another location. The only problem is that in Fs2004 we don't know the GUIDs of most objects yet (the library format has changed compared to Fs2002, so the current tools can't read them). If guess we have to wait for the SDK from MS, I hope it will include a nice list again :).Once the GUIDs are known you can make a simple macro that calls the object and thus you can place it anywhere then.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GerrishGray

Hi KenanIt wasn't possible in FS2002 to use the 'Cities' library objects in scenery outside the immediate environs of the city in question, because these library BGL's had restricted latitude/longitude bounds in their headers. If you placed the GUID in another scenery, you would find that you don't get a 'missing object' message, but the object simply doesn't show. I don't know the position in FS2004 because we can't read the headers anyway ...CheersGerrish(Actually, MS shot themselves in the foot with this in a minor way with their UK scenery - Stonehenge was supposed to be an 'Easter Egg', but didn't appear in FS2002 because it was outside the lat/lon bounds of London.bgl. In FS2004, Stonehenge seems to have been moved to the 'generic' objects, but I still haven't been able to see it at its correct location ...)