Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

New Macros

Hi Johan.I believe the new XLS file from MS just gives all the GUIDs and names of all objects ever created by MS, not just the ones in FS9. For example, it contains CFS2 objects that simply are not present in FS9, and cannot be displayed. If those GUIDs are placed with BGLC or SCASM, they still don't show, until the actual BGL Library files are copied over ( with their textures ) from CFS2, and entered into the Scenery Library.So we're still not saved.We do need a list of all FS9 library objects, GUIDs, descriptions, bounds, and scale. Many objects, if not most, are the same GUIDs from FS2002. Probably the MDLs were saved from FS2002, and simply compiled to the new Library format.Dick

Guest jsvw2001

Hi DickI agree. The GUID's, as supplied eralier in this thread, were extracted from the generic.bgl. I will extract the GUID's from the other files also and then link the descriptions to them. I am not a boffin at hexedit, but I might be able to get the bounds and the scales from the files.RegardsJohan

Hi Johan.That's great!I wouldn't be suprised if the scales were all 1 or null, but you never know.The bounds might be a problem, but we might be able to test those, once we had all the GUIDs.Dick

Guest GerrishGray

MS has traditionally used a variety of scales for their library models, 1.0, 0.5, 0.1 are typical. But there is no certainty that they are the same in the new format because some of the old objects needed fixes, as we know, and I think this opportunity was probably taken to deal with some of them, at least - so the scales might just have been changed at the same time.There is really no good reason for not having everything at scale 1.0 in these days of floating point code as far as I can see. NovaSim does that - whatever design scale you use, the compiled model is re-scaled to 1.0 - which is very useful because it makes everything re-usable with no scaling problems at all. But whether MS have caught on to that elegant approach I don't yet know - my guess would be probably not!CheersGerrish

Guest jsvw2001

The attached file contains the GUID's found in the generic.bgl, with the proper names tied to each. In limited testing, all obejects showed up without any bounds. It also seems that all objects are using 1.0 as scale.I am still very new to hexedit, so it was impossible for me to confirm the scale of all objects to be 1.0.I will extract the GUID's from landmark.bgl next. The GUID's of scenery_fs_aso.bgl and scenery_fs_props.bgl seems to be still the same, as it is possible to read them with FSRegen.RegardsJohan

Guest jsvw2001

Thanks Dick, I should have thought of arranging the names ......RegardsJohan

Guest EMT_Dave

Having been a quiet observer of the forum for many years, I have to break my silence and thank all those who have spent the time and energy to figure this stuff out. Scenery development has reached a new level, and its going to be a whole lot easier now.Thanks again everyone.DaveNREMT-B...that others may live

Guest rantala

Is there any way to place default autogen trees individually?- Jussi

Guest RollerBall

When I had this problem I created a series of individual tree macros that are placeable in FSSC, Airport etc. There are 9 conifers and 11 deciduous that use Gerrish Gray's original tree textures with a few additional enhancements. I used 16 bit-444 bmps because I found that this format was the only one after testing that avoided loss of transparency when the textures visually overlapped with others in the scenery. Also, the trees are 'rotate to pilot', not cruciform and have seasonal textures.The Zip is called Tree_API.zip and it was uploaded to Flightsim and Simv.Until we find out how to create new custom library objects in the new format I think this will be the only way to place individual custom objects.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/57269.jpg

Just a thought, but won't designing scenery with many of these objects introduce the same framerate problems that we have with the default.xml-placed autogen, because of the strange visibility distances?Also, any chance of finding those visibility distances with a hex editor and changing them?//runs away

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP