Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Ground2k4 roads problem

I can confirm that reducing the number of lines in the BGL seems to be the key... and TMFViewer seems to be a good indicator of what will work.I did try changing layer numbers for some of the lines, but didn't seems to help. It very much seems it's the total number of lines, and that is around 470 or less... at least for your scenery.I think Christian had been toying with the idea of adding a 'join' function to Ground2K4. That would help to allow us to reduce the number of lines without loosing them.It is possible that the terrain engine has a buffer for the number of VTP2 lines and polys in each BGL. Exceeding 450 polys and lines might require a new BGL as a design principle.I also don't know if the number of points would be the problem, but for now, the number of lines seems the key.Good find, Anthony!

Guest C_Fumey

Hello all,the problem is fixed, it occurs when we have lines in several LOD8.Easy to modify, hard to find (about 5 hours) because of the number of the lines in the .LWM file given for test.Sorry for the troubles.The test runs fine in FS9 until it crashes !May be to link to the your problem when reaching a LOD8 (or LOD5) border.Test to be continued.I will post a new relase as soon as possible but I have done a lot of internal modifications and I want to be sure to deliver a robust code.Thanks again to people who answer so quickly about Ground2K difficulties.Christian

Guest C_Fumey

Hmm!!!In fact I have corrected a new bug introduced in my modifications !!!Christian

Guest C_Fumey

Crash with VTP2 lines :It seems that the reason is the number of lines per layer/texture : 127 maximum.I have test a lot, it's difficult to reproduce the crash.In Ground2K4, I was aware of this limitation, but created groups of 127 lines.One solution for thr moment: change the layer of some lines.Ground2K4 will display a message when reaching 127 lines for a given layer/texture.It could be other limitations, for example, the number of the points.Christian

Guest C_Fumey

Good news.The general structure for VTP2 lines is similar to VTP2 polys.In other words, each group of 127 lines must be associated to a texture, and VTPNumTexturesInLayer must be the number of VtpTextureID statements.Sascha : I see Hamburg, but the frame rate at home is low (8).Christian

Hi Christian.You may be right about needing to state that the VTPNumTexturesInLayer must be the number of VtpTextureID.The same texture can be reused as a new ID number, and that allows more than 127 of the same texture. ( I thik the number might be 128... 0-127 inclusive ).The VTPNumTexturesInLayer structure has a reserved bit that may allow more than 128 textures ( 0-127 ), and the VTPTextureID structure also has a reserved bit, that may allow more textures.My guess on these structures would be that the extended format would be an added BYTE that would contain the "multiple" of 128 added.This is speculation.==================================All this might be avoided if each line had it's own VTPDataArea structure ( and each line would then have it's own zone numbers ). This would increase the size of the code and the BGL, but it should be stable.Dick