Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shaun Manners

Gerrish Grey Trees and FSArchitect

Guest royboy

Is ther any way to use these API macros with FSA?I can't figure out how to add all the optional parameters to set individual tree scales etc as in the manual.txt file.Any help appreciated.Ray

Guest GerrishGray

Hi RayIf you would like to register with me at gerrish@flightsims.co.uk like the manual says, I'll be happy to give you direct support by e-mail.In the meantime, the first thing you may need to do with FS Architect is to get it set up to work with SCASM rather than its default FreeSC compiler. FreeSC, even with Derek's special additions, can't - I believe - handle the syntax of the maths in the Tree Library macros because this is one of the areas where FreeSC is, unfortunately, not fully SCASM-compatible.As regards your actual question about how do you set up the different parameters, I'm not currently an FS Architect user so I don't immediately recall off the top of my head - although I might be able to find some details when I search through past e-mails. But plenty of FSA users do use my trees successfully and maybe one of them will be kind enough to chip in here with details. I suggest you start, however, by using the simple 'single tree' macro to place just one tree at a time - because it is much easier to use - and once you have success with that, you can progress from there.Hope this helps!Kind RegardsGerrish

Guest Shaun Manners

Hi Ray I believe I can help you there as I used FSA and Gerishes trees in my Bristol scenery.Its fairly simple, as gerrish says you have to select the SCASM compiler by going into Tools|Options then the External Programs tab and select the correct exe for the BGL compiler.As for adding the trees macros, open your project and the tools menu will now contain Macro Registry. click on the folder in which you wish to add the trees macro (you can even right click and create a new folder called trees if you wish) then click new, select the tree macro you wish to use and then on the right in the parameters frame you can edit each one so that it matches the list in the macro header. once you happy with that, click ok. Thats it! you can now add a macro object to your project and select the tree that you just added and change the parameters as you wish. I have attached a picture of my trees macro folder. :)Cheers Shaunhttp://bristol-scenery.hypermart.nethttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/52548.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/52549.jpg