Sign in to follow this  
arno

Wrong night textures in Ground2k4

Guest Stephan Sch

I've made a scenery with Ground2k4 and am facing the same problem as described in a former post (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=123&topic_id=14531&mode=full)To describe it shortly: after creating a scenery in Ground2k4, all my VTP2 polies have a city night texture. Therefore my fields and forests seem to be lightened from inside. You can see a screenshot of night and day at http://home.debitel.net/user/steschaefer/temp/ (the link at the bottom of the page leads to a larger view).In the thread above, "rhumbaflappy" has identified a certain polygon which caused the trouble. Therefore I would like to ask you if there is a way to identify such a polygon, or if there is another way to fix this problem in Ground2k4...

Hi Stephan:well, doesn't that look familiar... I guess that makes two of us trying to fix this issue. Here's my post from a few days ago:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=16172&page=2It does seem to be different from the bug Joachim described and fixed for FS2002, however, he's going to take a look at my files to see what might be the issue. Is your problem always active or only in specific circumstances?I have since found an area in my files where some VTP2 polys show the night textures but others don't. Interestingly, they belong to two different *_5.bgl files, which would indicate that it's indeed related to some properties of the polygons. I guess I'll have a look at the two source codes and try to figure out what's different.Cheers, Holger

Hi all:Sam, Ground2K4 (by Christian Fumey) is a scenery design utility that allows one to make accurate shorelines, roads, railroads, water bodies, land/waterclass etc., based on a base map or image. Search for "Ground2K" in the file library and check out the latest version and Luis' great tutorial.---I've had a quick look at my two files and I don't really see a difference. The affected file actually uses fewer fill textures (10, 44, 113, 135) than the unaffected one (10, 44, 55, 101, 113, 117, 135). My question: what does the parameter "VTPNumTexturesInLayer 7, 0" specify? Cheers, Holger

The "VTPNumTexturesInLayer 7, 0" command specifies that 7 different textures will be used in this layer. If you have a lot of polygons or roads with the same texture sometimes it is needed to call the same texture twice (so then the number will be higher then the amount of unique textures used).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog