Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

BGLC Compiler SDK was added

Guest christian

I've done it with a hexeditor a few weeks ago and it worked fine.Try putting it into an command as the very first subcommand. Try deleting everything first and see how you go. I haven't tried it with bglcomp yet (hence no sample xml).Note: you can only delete structures from an airport, but never delete an airport completely, ie you can't delete it from the menu. The purpose of this command is just to get rid of all visual elements to be able to rebuild it from scratch. Deleting an airport completely is not an option.Christian

Guest luce

thanks Christian;sure - will try to do as you kindly explainedgreat - thanks a million!lucio

Guest christian

>What do you mean by the BGL compiler should do that for you?>Are you saying that it will organise output BGLs into LOD8 for>scenery objects, without the designer needing to determine the>boundaries and sort the source XML data beforehand?Correct.>The reason I ask is that in the SDK Microsoft specifically>mention that it is up to the scenery designer to manage the>spacial sorting of the scenery. This implies the compiler will>simply compile what the designer feeds into it and that the>designer can make the decisions regarding LOD or boundaries in>general.I think, Microsoft meant that it is better to organise scenery spatially to limit the size of the lookup table. Let me explain in more detail: Imagine you have 5 files that cover the same region. FS2004 has to check the code in all 5 files now, which could make things a bit slower. Sorting the scenery into files that don't overlap (or just one file) could potentially result in faster loading times.I doubt, it'll have too great an impact, so probably nothing to get headaches about. As I said, bglcomp sorts the scenery into LOD7/8 regions automatically. This is inherent in the the bgl structure, ie building scenery that isn't sorted into LOD7/8 just is impossible, because that's what FS2004 expects.Christian

Guest christian

Another remark:If you are worried what "region" to put your airport in, don't worry too much. The FS2004 menu doesn't have a region selection anymore. In fact, all default airports have region="".Christian

Hi all.As Bob Bernstein has found, you cannot place non-FS9 library objects... which limits us to the defaults for now.Also, there are some objects that are limited to restricted lat-long parameters, as was true for FS2002.Also, the LibraryObjects.xls lists many objects that aren't even in FS9... it just lists all the objects Ms has made back to FS98 ( at least back to CFS2 ). No effort was made to compile just a list of FS9 Library objects... or show the scale of those objects.So until we have the MakeMDl SDK, we're pretty much dead in the water.( sigh... )Dick

According to Frank_Cubillos over at FlightSimmer.com Microsoft has found a problem with the BGLCOMP_SDK that was just released. It has to do with theQuoting Frank's post:For starters, there's an error in the .XSD file for SceneryObjects that will prevent the BiasXYZ element from being allowed. This can be fixed by replacing the section:maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />with:maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />maxOccurs="unbounded" />minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />The full post is at http://flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread....=&threadid=6631

Hi bdenni.There's nothing in my xsd file that could possibly relate to that. Six partial instances of code replaced by seven partial instances?There may be a fix, but we'd need a little more info than that snippet from Frank.I checked the Insider site, and they have not revised the download.I don't mean this to be a slam on either you, or Frank, by any means. But MS could fix that file, and release a new "LibraryObjects.xls" that actually lists the objects used ONLY in FS9 ( with other info, like scale, and the bounds roe their use ).Come on, MS! We've been down this road before.Dick

Guest bostar2004

Hi Alfredo:Send me one mail to: jose.calero(erasethis)@mi.madritel.esIt

No reason to offer "snippets"...here is exactly what was offered the beta testers:As some of you are aware, Microsoft recently relased the FS2004 scenery SDKand some people have started working with it (just in time for holidayvacations). There have been some questions about the SDK, and some issueshave been brought up that we need to address in the future.For starters, there's an error in the .XSD file for SceneryObjects that willprevent the BiasXYZ element from being allowed. This can be fixed byreplacing the section:with:Feel free to post this 'discovery' to some of the public forums if othersare stuck. B

Guest JoeW

The only xsd file in my folder is the "BGLcomp.xsd. Is this what you are refering to, Bob, and not the " LibraryObjects.xls"?This is getting very confusing.Joe W.

Guest rafaelds

that's rightNotice that the only change that this does is to include thexs:element name="BiasXYZ" type="ctBias" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />line in the SceneryObject section. Once it's done it will work.However, I found another bug. BiasXYZ won't work in an AttachedObject, even though it is defined correctly in the XSD file. I have no ideas. I keep getting the error "ERROR C2439: BiasXYZ must be contained within a VisualModel, SceneryObject, AttachedObject!"Rafa

Guest bostar2004

Hi Could someone explain to me what are the bias? Which are their function?Thanks :)Jos

Guest rafaelds

They are used to shift a scenery object's location.For example, you may draw several objects with the same coordinate, but if you specify BiasX=100 for one, BiasX=200 for the other (and so on) you will have the object separated by 100 meters. I guess the X axis moves things east-west wise, with positive being east.

Hi Rafa.Yes. That is the point. The BiasXYZ doesn't work with attachments to objects, and that is critical. That is what would allow you to add effects or beacons or link other library objects to your object.I believe the compiler may be capable of it, but that the XSD file is not right.Dick