Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

BGLC Compiler SDK was added

Hi all.I wondering if the attachpoint not only specifies an absolute point, but an absolute object or effect that can be tied to that attachpoint.If so, the object or effect could possibly block the BiasXYZ. The example given by MS in the SDK of the attachpointName="attachpt_beacon"might specify that it can only allow the attachment of the Beacon. And that "Beacon" type may not allow offset positioning.I tried to attach a library object to that attachpt_beacon, and it fails compilation. This would mean that the attachpt is created by the MakeMDL, and must specify the type of attachment allowed... and might specify if BiasXYZ is also allowed.I noted the OilRig example ( near Tacoma's airport ) can be set at an altitude relative to the AGL... such as 100M. It then floats in the air. It's helipad is also raised properly 100M and it is landable. I wonder if the MakeMDL allows the specific attachment of helipads on objects?So I guess I'll have to reserve future rants about the SDK and tools until after MakeMDL is released. But the example of using BiasXYZ with an attachpt_beacon in the SDK simply is wrong.Dick

Guest RollerBall

In the FS2004 main folder there's a sub-folder called autogen containing a file default.xmlThis contains a list of autogen library objects with their guids that seems to coincide with the 'generally' usable objects in LibraryObjects.xls.I've only tested a few and apart from a few, they have all dropped into scenery using the XML code supplied in the SDK.This seems like a much more convenient list for scenery designers to use than to try to abstract suitable objects from LibraryObjects.xls

I read the attachpoint info to mean, we don't assign attachpoints, makemdl does.Once they're assigned, they can be used. I could be wrong, of course. B

Man, I sure hope the new MakeMDL SDK clears some of this up! I can see a lot of potential if we can just get our hands on some good documentation. Of course, in a pinch MS documentation will do as well ;-).

Hi Bob.I think you may be right. MakeMDL seems to be responsible for the attach point, and the name is what is allowed to be attached there.attachpt_beacon wants beacon to be attached there. If you scan the "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryGenericscenerygeneric.bgl" file with a hex editor, you can see almost all attachpt_ are for lights or beacons. I don't think any of those would need offsets ( BiasXYZ ).Dick

Guest Andras

>Has anybody tested the delete airports command?>and does it work? - so far at this end no success with that!>can anybody post the command lines if you manage to make work?Yes, it does.Just mind it that afcad2 does the same for you automatically.Anyway it should look like this:regardsAndras

Hi Andras.I couldn't get that example to compile. :(If you get an example actually compiled and working could you attach a zip file with the BGL and the XML file?Some of us are finding the bglcomp doesn't work right in some instances, and the SDK has the wrong XML code in MOST instances.Dick