Sign in to follow this  
ashigar

Total Help Needed Please!!

I have downloaded this file "Taxi_edge.zip" which looks nice and realistic indeed. However, I want to use it in FS9 in all the Airport, but I know absolutley nothing about scenery designing. Can someone please help me step by step on what to do to get it in my airports. Here is what the Author says we sholud do. Please help. Thank you."Taxiway edge light API macro for FS2002/FS2004. Its light color is light blue like real lights.(verified by Korean Air's first officer!) And it has transparent blue glass so you can look through inside. 3D Model is made by Gmax and API compiled by fs regen to make frame friendly. It also has two LOD models. Light is made by EOD. Use API in scenery design program like Airport for Windows and put two bgl files in the scenery folder which you are working in. Appropriate scale of API is 0.01. (CB)

This seems to be a macro for scenery designers. So you need to place it on the locations where you want it with a scenery design program. This means that if you want it on all airports you are going to have to do a lot of work :). It is not something you can install and will appear everywhere.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno,Thanks for your reply, but can you elaborate on this a little bit? For instance if I want to use it at KJFK what should I do? and what scenery design program can be used? thank you again.

Then you would need a program like Airport (www.airportforwindows.com) or FSSC (www.avsim.com/fssc).In that program you probably want to load a background image of the airport you are going to work on (screenshot from FS for example). You can then use that as a reference to place the objects (so that they line up correctly).For a big airport like JFK I guess that is still a lot of work, as there will be a lot of light there :).If you are only want to place these lights (and no other scenery details) you can also use the tool ObPlacer I made (www.scenerydesign.org). This way you can slew to the correct location and then place the objects there. If you only want to place a few lights that is probably the fastest way (but for a big airport using a scenery design program is faster).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

ArnoThanks again I now know what to do and yes I'm only placing these lights and nothing more, so I will find away to do it. If I run into a problem I hope it's okay to run to you. Thanks again.

Arno,I have downloaded all the files you recommended, but after the installation i'm stuck. I have completely no idea how to open the Airport scenery to work on. The Author said to do this, but How can I do it as a novice to designing?"Use API in scenery design program like Airport for Windows and put two bgl files in the scenery folder which you are working in. Appropriate scale of API is 0.01. (CB)If you can give me step #1, step #2 etc etc that will be very very helpful to me. thank you again.

Can someone help me on this one if he/she can? I really want to learn how to use this files with your help. I have downloaded the necessary files and need some pointers to what exactly to do one by one. Thank you in ad vance.