Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafaelds

Taxiway Signs "label" info?

Guest Ralph Keune

Anyone have any insight/references to the TaxiwaySign "label" attribute... what characters generate arrows, yellow colors, red colors, black, etc... ?the SDK info is...Label Required. 6 chars max.example:

Guest rafaelds

Hi RalphI did some tests today with the command and the results don't seem very good. No matter what I did, the only things I got to display were capitalized characters and numbers (and the hyphen, but I didn't try other symbols). The 'm' seemed to be ignored (though it always went to the BGL, I checked it with an hex editor): I tried several combinations like 11 , m11 , m1m1m and they all displayed the same ( just "11" ). Oh, and the 6 chars limit seems to not exist, as I sucessfully created signs with strings longer than 10 chars.Then I decided to take a look at the default BGLs to check out some airports whose signs I knew what was written in. After moving some BGLs from folder to folder I confirmed that signs are placed in AP___ files together with rwys, twys etc. By deleting everything I could in AFCAD2 I ended up with several BGLs with only the taxisigns. But, checking them in the hex editor didn't reveal the same kind of structure that is present in files created with BGLComp. I suspect MS has given us only a simple form of the command, that supports only custom strings. This seems to have happened also with the taxilights command, which actually can carry light intensity and spacing though it's not possible to change this in the XML source.But, I sincerely hope I am wrong.Rafa

Guest tdragger

Actually the BGLComp SDK uses the sample compiler used to create the default scenery (with a few updates for stylistic consistency). Specfically regarding taxiway signs:Taxiway signs are made up of individual components (which may, themselves consist of subcomponents) that are concatenated together based on the contents of the label property. Each component can have one of three possible styles:Location sign: yellow lettering on black backgroundDirection sign: black lettering on yellow backgroundRunway sign: white lettering on red backgroundYou specify the type of sign component by a letter:

Guest Ralph Keune

Thanks for taking the time to explain this.-Ralph