Sign in to follow this  

Guest stevenroyals

I'm deisgning a building using Gmax. I'm not sure if the LOD section is working properly because I can't see the building change it's appearnce as I move away from the object.This is what I've done.Make 3 objects each more complex thtn the other.Named them building_LOD_100 building _LOD_50 etc.Saved them all as Gmax files.Openned the most complex eg building_LOD_100 and exported it.Type in the lat and longtitude.Viewed the object in fs. All looks ok but I don't know if the building is becomming simpler as I move away from the object. i guess this is the whole idea of it, but how to do actually test to see if it works.Before typing in the lat and long coordinates do I need to do anything with the LOD tab? I've tried adding the other simpler versions to the list eg buildings_LOD_50, but when I click ok it says that there was an error.Thanks for you helpSteve

Did you group the lod models and name the group root_building?I'll reprint the sdk for makemdl from fs2k2...you'll see where it tells you to establish the grouping I mention above.Bob Bernstein__________________________________________________________PerPart LODMakeMDL can perform two types of LOD (level-of-detail) selection, discreet LOD or PerPart LOD. For discreet LOD, you must specify a different model for each LOD. Store each LOD in a different .x file and name each file _LOD_###.x (where ### is 0

Guest stevenroyals

Thanks Bob I'll give it a go. I though I might use the discreet LOD but it doesn't seem to do what I want it to do. I'll give the perpart method a go.ThnaksSteve

Hello Steve,You must export all the models and "keep the files". Then, just drag the asm file (the one that has no suffix) onto BGLC. This will assemble the bgl with all the LOD models.Best regards.Luis