Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

REFUELREPAIR-trigger crashes FS2004

Guest Hans Palsson

Hi!Trying to add a refuel-area to my airport in FS2004, based on the info in the new BGL comp-SDK. I got the trigger (see code below) to compile ok, however the sim crashes as soon as I try to look in the direction of where the area is located.I have not yet tried to define airport-facility data manually, and in this defining the airport to have a fuel service, so this might be a problem. However, I choose to post in this forum to check if anyone can find any error that I might have overlooked. All feedback is welcome!<?xml version="1.0"?>/hans

Hi Hans, I guess we're all kind of experimenting, at first I tried one like you wrote but it didn't compile, then I tried this code below and it worked great...note I decided to treat vertex like a point definition for the area of refuel, so you need four! Not that I know for sure what I'm talking about! The other thing is this darned element...not this is strange, my compile ALWAYS fails if I include this element in my element, AND ALWAYS fails if I write the element Outside my element.So, finally I just left it out. After all, think about the attributes...has fuel type or availability ever been a trigger before? Has a cessna not been able to refuel, just because only jetfuel was available? Not that I know of....so, wouldn't this be more for a Facility section rather than a SceneryObject?Anyway, here's code that worked...the airfield is S36, crestairpark, if you wish to compile it and see it work. you can see the trigger zone if you change your fs9.cfg in the [scenery] section by adding the line ShowTriggers=1.Cheers,Bob BernsteinPs...the name of this file is #####.txt, the filename was chosen during a period of confusion! LOL The first SceneryObject is a "space needle", I just put it in to be sure the file was working._________________________________________________________________<?xml version="1.0"?>

Guest Hans Palsson

>...has fuel type or availability ever been a trigger>before? Has a cessna not been able to refuel, just because>only jetfuel was available? Not that I know of....so,>wouldn't this be more for a Facility section rather than a>SceneryObject?Hi Dick and Bob!Great thanks for the help! It seems indeed that it must have been the Vertex-definition that caused trouble in some way. I used Dick

Guest AirCoaster

Hi Gang,I was reading the three or four threads above, and just wanted to comment on the procedure. I had a friend who couldn't get this to work, but I looked over his code and found a mistake that others may try to make when using XML scenery. My friend tried to add the code to the end of the previous He beat his brains out trying to figure out what he was doing wrong, and finally came to me to figure out what he was doing wrong. When you add the trigger for the fueling area, you must treat it as it where a separate end tag above the /*Physical pump object*//*Fueling area Trigger*/Notice both have the same parameters for the placement of the objects.Hope this helps someone.Take care.Big John(AirCoaster)