Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Exclude with BGL Comp

Guest rafaelds

hey bonesplease try to use plain text formatting (it's a checkbox just above the message writing box) to send code snippets, as otherwise the board software could change lots of things and introduce errors.there seems to be some problems with your code. here's the corrected version:notice that since 'exclusionrectangle' does not allow child objects, you must close the tag with this way, not with '/exclusionrectangle'. this is stated in the beginning of the sdk. and yes, almost all of the examples are plain wrong.also, don't use spaces between the itens, the parenthesis and the values. BGLcomp seemed to accept it, but the resulting binary code in BGL was different (I did a byte-by-byte comparison)rafa

Guest bones

So will the code I have just used not work? Example as previous with just the line returns removed..Apologies about not setting text format on the first post..boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Hi bones.The complete code I gave you works.Rafa is just telling you why it works. And he is right that just about all the examples are wrong, and someone needs to rewrite the entire SDK with working examples.Dick

Guest PaavoP

I bought MS' Visual Basic 6.0 (it was discounted :)) on 11. nomvember this year. Precisely month ago. I had never before programmed "real programs". Learning curve would have been pretty steep without knowing SCASM. Working with SCASM tought me "machine logic" - how variable systems and IF checks work.And it's good to know ExcBuilder works as it should. :)

Guest GerrishGray

Well done Paavo. We have noticed your name cropping up as a contributor recently. Can I say a belated welcome to our community, and look forward to hearing lots more from you.CheersGerrish

You seem to have the talent needed, congratulations Paavo!Since I am only a dabbler in programming since 1965 (Fortan IV, Basic), Am I that old?, I wondered about the requirement to include the various lines. For instance, the exclude:has numerous exclude lines. I question having to have all the lines if is set. Am I correct that if is set, the remaining lines are redundant and don't need to be part of the code?Alternatively, can you omit , if you are selectively setting the other lines or would you have to leave it as .W. Sieffert

Guest bones

Hi Dick,Yep - I appreciate the pointers for the right code (which I have now used). I was just trying to understand why my original code was not "approved".I've not touched XML before and owing to the badly written SDK I am falling into the trap many other newbies will drop into. I just wanted to get things down on paper so that my mistakes will be avoided by others.boneshttp://fsaviation.net