Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

bglcomp code that works

Hi Christian.I was hoping you'd found some nuggets in the hex code. :(I think you're right in that we'll need to get used to XML. Gerrish has indicated he'll look into the XML code as well, so we'll get a more balanced viewpoint than just my poking around.Anyone else looking into this needs to cross-reference the bglcomp.xsd file to get the real story on where elements and sub-elements go.In the above Airport example, the SDK might lead you to believe that adding extra start points to an Airport would be found as a 'Runway' sub-element ( like 'RunwayStart' ), when in fact the XSD shows us it is a separate Airport sub-element... an up-level equal to 'Runway'.The XSD will also help clue us into whether an element has sub-elements or not, and that affects how the statement is closed.Dick

Guest GerrishGray

Hi guysYou'll be pleased to know that part of my work is already complete (i.e. divining the real structure of a BGLComp source file from bglcomp.xsd), but I need to flesh out my Help file with some text before I can release it on the world. In the meantime I can probably help with any queries ...By the way, Dick, I think that your problem with the generic buildings insisting on hugging the ground can be cured with a sub-element of GenericBuilding called BuildingBias that has been omitted from the current version of the SDK doc. The attributes are the same as for BiasXYZ. I haven't tested it yet though - too busy typing away at my Help file!Perhaps you would like to have a try? Use something like

<GenericBuilding ... >   <BuildingBias biasY="###" />   <RectangularBuilding ... /></GenericBuilding>

CheersGerrish

Guest christian

Hi Dick, as I posted earlier somewhere, use region="". This is what all the default files do. It doesn't make any difference, but the region entry in the menu is gone in FS2004. No need to set this.What we need is a pinned thread with SDK ammenmends (I guess this thread is a good start)...I had a deeper look into the approaches. They are a tad more complicated. One thing I found is that the altitude descriptor is bull... There are only 4 values that equate to "at", "at and above", "at and below", ... FS2004 must decide which altitude to refer to by different means. I have to do much more research to come up with sensible approach commands though. I couldn't find any simple approaches yet, it looks to to me so far as if an NDB or VOR as a fix is not enough. FS2004 will also need at least one waypoint as an additional fix. I may be wrong though, more research has to be done...Christian

Hi Gerrish.bglcomp.exe has a token list near the end of the program. ( do a case-sensitive search for 'Airport' or 'Approach' ).BuildingBias was left out of the tokens, and as a result is not allowed. I suspect there may be other Tokens missing. I don't know if bglcomp could be hacked to allow the missing tokens, but it seems a bit wayward of what we'd want to do.Dick