Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matthew Murray

Newbie Help - gMax

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey, Right I've done this air-bridge - is this a good poly-count for the detail shown - I'm the sort of person who thinks "No Limit on Poly's" but I have really restricted myself this time...to 200 Poly's..what do you guys think?

______________________________[bR]Matthew Murray,Boeing 737NG Captain.[bR]

Guest OliMinch

yep that's pretty good. If I remember correctly the EGKK2004 gates started at around 1600 and we managed to get them down to 800 without compromising on the detail too much. The other advice I would give is:make sure all hidden polys are deleted, and also those on any objects that are very low to the ground that nobody will be able to get under anyway. if the gate can be exported all as one part (rather than having several exports with different density settings) then I would recommend building it as a library macro object, so FS only has to load the full geometry once, and then just copying that to other co-ordinates.OlzOSS Lead Scenery Designer/Graphics Department3D Artist

Guest Matthew Murray

Hello, Thanks. How would I build it as a library macro? Many Thanks...

______________________________[bR]Matthew Murray,Boeing 737NG Captain.[bR]