Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

Bad Syntax?

Guest Webapache3000

Hi all,i have create an XML File, that look's up to the file: "kasten_0.asm".But the BGLCOMP for FS9 tells me about a bad syntax.Here is my code:<?xml version="1.0"?>

Guest GerrishGray

HiI'm sorry but we can't do that yet. The code for creating a library object has to come from a .mdl file compiled with a new FS2004 version of MakeMDL.exe that hasn't been released yet. You cannot create library objects for use with BGLComp from FS2002 tools.If you want to create a library object at the moment, you can use FSRegen. Object libraries created that way will work in FS2004 because it still supports most FS2002-style BGL's, but they won't work with new-style FS2004 stuff such as BGLComp or Autogen. There are some differences that we don't yet understand between pre-FS2004 library objects and the new ones.We should get the FS2004 MakeMDL SDK fairly soon, I believe, and then we will be able to do what you want.CheersGerrish

Hi Olli.In adding to what Gerrish has said, you may be on the right path in your thinking.We might find the old GMax export placing the object to a specific location will be gone ( I hope ).We may have a choice of "including" a MDL of the object directly in the XML code, or compiling a Library, and calling the LibraryObject with the XML code.We'll just have to wait and see.Dick

Guest GerrishGray

As I read the BGLComp schema, we can only use library objects for 3D scenery models in future. Libraries are created from .mdl files using the tag, but we will need the forthcoming FS2004 version of makemdl.exe before we can make progress.CheersGerrish