Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevenroyals

Gmax shapes

Guest stevenroyals

How can I reduce the number of polygons easily in a shape once it has been made? for example a round fence post might have 12 sides. How can I reduce the cylinder to 4 or 5 sides withought having to make the whole thing again? I want to now an easy way of dong this so that I can alter the LOD settings with different objects. At the moment I'm having to make each object over and over. Is is possible to simplify an existing object easily?ThanksSteve

Hello Steve,Try the Optimize modifier.For objects like fences, however, that are mostly not visible at short distances, you may want to consider other solutions besides LOD models. For example, reducing V1 will safeguard frame rates more effectively.Best regards.Luis

Guest stevenroyals

Hi LuisThanks for your help.I'll have a closer look at the optimize too.What do you mean by reducing V1?

Guest voscon

Hi,Try the following:Select the item to change.Select 'Modify' (the quarter circle icon at right)Click on the item name in green shown under the 'Modifier List'below should be the parameters, change the segments to suit.Hope it works for you.Cheers.voscon.

Guest Webapache3000

Hi,an easy and good way to reduce the count of a cylinder, is to collapse the vertex points.Convert your cylinder to a "Editable Mesh", select "Vertex Mode" and Collapse every two vertex points on top, and on the buttom of the cylinder by selecting two points with your mouse. At this, you can reduce the count of polygons so long, that you will have a single polygon at the end.Or doo I missunderstood your question?Olli

Guest stevenroyals

Thanks for your helpI'll give both ideas a go.Steve