Sign in to follow this  
Guest RollerBall

bglcomp

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey, I've written a small scenery in XML, but when i try to compile using bglcomp.exe by invoking it from the command line..I get an error. Please help...

______________________________[bR]Matthew Murray,Boeing 737NG Captain.[bR]

Guest EMT_Dave

I got the same error when I did my first compile. What I did to fix it was to download the current MSXML files from MS. Here is the link for the current MSXML service pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enInstall the updated files and you will be golden after that.What Win OS are your running?Update: after looking at your code, get rid of the "*" in your lat lon enteries, these arent needed. But you still need the MSXML parser updates.

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey, That didn't work - I'm running Windows XP Professional?? Please help..

Guest EMT_Dave

Hmmmm now Im stumped! I have XP Pro at work and I tried your code, and code I wrote last night, and both wont compile now. I have XP Home at home, and my code compiled with no problems. Let me keep plugging away unless someone else figures it first.

Guest Matthew Murray

Sorry, this is really my first crack at coding scenery, and so far it isn't really been great hahaha..well..i hope someone can help me find a quick solution. Thank-you for your help so far...

Guest EMT_Dave

Here is another thing, when creating your scenery files, they must be saved as .xml format, and not .txt. Try that and let me know what you get.Ok, now it work. I reinstalled the sdk, ran the files and they all compiled.Update 2:Make sure that you use the follow dtd I ran this on your code and got lots of errors, mainly pointing to your code syntax. Try the new DTD, save your file as a .xml say matt.xml and run bglcomp again, and it will show you the errors.Sorry for the round about way of doing things, sometimes "hacking" things turns ups whats causing the problems.

Guest Matthew Murray

Right, there are four files on that page and I don't understand which one I am to download and where I've to install it to?

Hi Matthew.You need to download and install "msxml.msi". This code works:====================<?xml version="1.0"?>=======================We need to use the plain text option in posts, as the normal forum html will change the code.That file can be saved as a '*.txt' file, and compiled by drag'n'drop on the bglcomp icon. A copy of 'bglcomp.xsd' must be in the same folder.The lat, long, alt, and ident are required fields.I got the info from the map view when sitting at EGPH.Dick

Guest EMT_Dave

Dick,Thanks for clearing things up. I didnt know that .txt files could be used as well as .xml files. Thanks again.

Guest JoeW

How do you get the program to stop so you can grab the screen shot?Mine goes by so fast that I can hardly tell that it ran.Joe

Joe,Maybe you have so many errors, the DOS prompt windows is scrolling up too much. The poster only had three error lines, so the infomation was available within the window. Make a new DOS Prompt especially for bglcomp, then fool around with the different size parameters by right clicking the DOS Prompt ICON, select properties.W. Sieffert