Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

Things That Work Well

For 2003 I would nominate Ground2K, AutoASM, and the payware FSE(Lago)as highlights for 2003. These programs work well and allow you to modify "things" to a higher level of reality.Ground2K, when used with a good background map, offers very accurate road placement that fits exactly on top of FSGenesis USA 38 meter mesh. Add to that stream & river placement, landclass changes, and some mesh fine tuning and it is a winner. It is known to work well because of the low number of posts about problems. Most people are too busy using it to complain.AutoASM is a newcomer and still has some rough edges. Its main function is wholesale placement of more accurate roads, coastlines, lakes and streams. By this I mean one can generate a very large area bitmap from a program such as Terrascene (reborn from the FLY! days) and achieve accurate placement of elements that far exceed those available with the original rivers running up hill in FS2004. It is in its infancy but holds great promise.Finally, FSE by Lago. 25 euros. It offers VERY easy additions to airports, cities, etc. with over 600 objects in its library. Ranging from bridges to Landrovers. It does this while allowing you to see exactly the result by watching everything in FS2004. No more jumping between programs trying to get a macro positioned and sized properly.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I'd have to add AFCAD v.2x to that list. It's really a beautiful piece of programming; simple and very straightforward but powerful, too.

I think I can agree with all of these. There are certainly a lot of excellent freeware utilities out there. Some of my favourites were:Ground2KAFCAD2FSConnectDXTBmpAirport for WindowsGMAXAITM2Landclass Assistant 1.4But since the topic was titled "Things that work well", I would like to add this forum to the list. In my opinion, there is a huge wealth of knowledge here, and it is all willingly shared by the more experienced posters to encourage those who want to try their hand at scenery design. I might be missing something out there, but I haven't found a scenery design forum that matches this one.I don't think that the original purpose was to single people out, but here are some of the people who have selflessly helped me out over the last couple years.Christian StockRhumbaflappyArno GerretsenGerrish GrayJ.R MorganI'm sure that there are others, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind, and I specifically give them credit in my scenery docs for their valuable assistance. To all the above, and to all the others with helpful advice in these forums, I saw "Thank you".- Martin

Guest JoeW

I agre with Martin, except that GMAX has never installed on my computer. It will not install. I had V1.0 and it worked... I uninstalled it to upgrade it. Well.... The computer crashed on the install of the new version and I had to go back a point... which had the GMAX V 1.0 in it..that had been uninstalled. I attempted to uninstall it again and it was not in the control panel, programs list. It was on the hard drive and it worked. I deleted it and did a search of the Regestry for all related items to GMAX... Still does not install. I have a 60 gig HD thats about 50% full with programs. The people at the forum want me to reformat, wipe everything... and reinstall everything. I asked if they would refund the money for the programs that I have that are regestered and are payware and I got silence.. from that point on.... Silence.Wipe everything for a freeware program?.... I think not.Joe W.

Guest seev_39

If you allow me, I would add EZ-Landclass too. Works great in combination with Ground2KHave funSeev