Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

GMAX Gamepack Setup

I am beta testing some gmax software that uses a gamepack. On installing the gamepack for this software, I realized the gamepack for FS2002 Pro was lacking some good detail. One of the things a good gamepack installation does is add the necessary components to gmax as a whole without adding to the basic gmax folders. As a result, I made changes to the FS2002 Flightsim gamepack to make running it for FS2002 design applications.I have attached a zipped file that contains the essence of the changes. Under the ..gmaxgamepackFlightsim folder, I have the following files and folders:FS2002 shortcut to GMAX - copy to your desktop or put in your menu selection.gmax.iniplugin.iniExport - where the exported (*.bgl, *.mdl) files goImport - a place to put files for importingPlugins - contains MAKEMDL.exe, FSModelExp.dleSamples - came with fs2002ProScenes - where it saves the *.gmax filesScripts - if any are neededTexture - contains your bitmap files for texturing your filesTools - contains Imagetool.exeYou will be happy you arranged your files this way when a new flight sim gamepack arrives.W. Sieffert

Guest HSIMAN

thanks for your useful changesis it ok with fs9?CHRIS

If you are using gmax with the fs2002 gamepack, my changes don't make the finished design any different. Whatever is available in the fs2002 gamepack is still available. All my changes do is make the fs2002 gamepack a self contained addon to gmax. This is the way gamepacks are suppose to work. MS was probably one of the first to use gmax, so they built the gamepack the best they knew how at the time. Since then, others have developed gamepacks and I am sure the MS engineers reviewed them and also became more familiar with gmax.We already know there are changes coming with the updated MakeMDL because the BGLCOMP_SDK indicates these facts. Therefore, any work you do using the fs2002 gamepack, would have to be recompiled with the new MAKEMDL for fs9 to gain any enhancements from the update.W. Sieffert