Sign in to follow this  
Guest nickw

scenery.cfg / newscenery.cfg / oldscenery.cfg / scenerystatus.dat

Guest nickw

OK, I found the problem....For those interested, you can read the link above... but basically, the area.xxx in the scenery.cfg must, in FS2004, be 3 digits otherwise all hell breaks loose.But, for the other part, (the files), here is what happens in FS2004:The scenery.cfg file (in the FS directory) IS the one that is read... if you do not believe me, then delete the scenery.cfg file that is created in the user profile... it does nothing from what I can tell.So, the scenery.cfg file is read during the load of FS.Then, if you change anything (using the FS Scenery Library) a new file is created called NewScenery.cfgWhen you close and restart FS, the NewScenery.cfg file replaces the the scenery.cfg file and the new scenery is loaded. At this point, the old scenery.cfg file is copied to OldScenery.cfgHope this helps others...Cheers,