Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cazador

Using bglcomp&afcad2 to fix ILS alignment KLAX Simflyer...

Guest SuperFlight2002

Since the inception of AFCAD2 in which this is a outstanding program and hats off to Lee Swordy for his hard work and effort. Now to the good stuff, I was messin around with the FS2004 bgl sdk and did some testing with it. Since I have a lot of comercial add-on's that have autoland and I fly in the LAX area alot using the simflyers sceneries. I decided to dive in and work on fixing the alignments of the ILS beams. I was able to successfully change these using the Official PIA AFCAD2 for simflyers KLAX as a base package. Within AFCAD2 it gives you the ability to easily add ILS's and NAVAIDS but it dose not save them yet. There is a way you can still use this data that the program outputs by puting these paramaters in an xml file. Below is a sample of what I have done so far. The below XML code is for the runways to the south of the Airport 25L 7R 7L 25R. I am currently working on the Northern ones at this time. This is in an effort to show some of you how this all works. Now this xml code will create a BGL file that sorta OVERLAYS over the PAI AFCAD2 file so both are needed! So it is possible to overlay diffrent airport aspects as well I also notice that using this compiled NAVAIDS for the ILS removes the DEFAULT ILS's! This is important to know. I still haven't been able to fix the Reverse ILS for runways 7R 7L only 25R 25L work properly so this is definately a bug in FS2004! Heres the code Try it out compile it with bglcomp make sure you are also using the OFFICAL PAI Simflyers KLAX AFCAD2 File along with it or it won't work correctly! Hope this helps some of you out!Michael Gallagher

Guest Cazador

Dear Michael:Thanks for the good new i will make test with my Lim Peru scenery to fix the ILS position.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru