Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

LWM points limit

Guest Stormshadow

Happy new yr to all avid flight simmers!I'm working on some coastline and I'm using many VTP points. I then create the LWM polygons (which enclose my VTP segments) and compile the asm file. I'm using many LWM points/segment, however I don't think I'm exceeding the 317 point limit when using LWMPoly2Ex.By the way, I'm using Coastlinemaker to produce the polygons etc. When I try to compile the asm file, I get the following errors:Calling BGLC...Microsoft ® Flight Simulator BGL Compiler Version 8.00Copyright © Microsoft Corp 1981-2002. All rights reserved. Assembling: Sector1-LWM.azmSector1-LWM.asm(134) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size LWMPoly2Ex(6): Macro Called From Sector1-LWM.asm(134): Include FileSector1-LWM.asm(539) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size LWMPoly2Ex(10): Macro Called From Sector1-LWM.asm(539): Include FileBGLC: Error!For the large LWM polygons, I have this in the coastline-maker-made asm file:LWMPoly2Ex 63, 0, 1, -9999, 0, 24Shouldn't the 63 be the number of LWM points contained within the polygon? I'm sure ive got more than 63 points! I try changing this to 317 but it still won't compile.Should I write down the actual number of points instead of 63?I'd appreciate a reply!Big thanks,Storm

Guest Stormshadow

After some experimentation...(having a peep in the TDFMacros.inc file)The '63' parameter is standard when using LWMPoly2Ex.The last number refers to the number of polygon points - 63. Since 317 is the max. number of points permitted by BGLC, that number must not exceed, 317-63 = 254. Variable is of type BYTE, 8 bits. Now 2^8 is 256...I wonder where the other 2 bits are used...Anyway it seems that I cannot exceed those magic 317 points...a pity. Can I change the BYTE keyword to some other which will let me fit in more? If not, is there another solution?Cheers allStorm

Guest christian

>If not, is there another solution?Divide the one polygon into two. (for more info read the SDK).Cheers, Christian

Christian's solution is the simplest!An LOD13 is roughly 1000x1000 meters. I'm unsure why a single drawn poly would need more than that number of points. When you add a VTP2 shoreline, it will cover up all the tiny detail of the poly anyways.Dick