Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

I need some help

Guest sapper42

Hi, I dont think you are doing anything incorrect.Some objects will only show in certain locations and other seem , not to be FS9 objects . They appear to be GUID numbers from all versions of FlightSim and Combat Sim.It will be a case of trial and error untill one of us has the time to test every GUID in the SDK XL file and post a list of what is FS9 and where it will show.rgds Jeff :0)

Guest Mordrag

Ok i,ve readed a lot of post and i think this is the problem.But test all the objects will be dificult for us.Thanks

Guest RollerBall

Not reallyA very large number of objects relate to specific default 'show' airports and it's reasonable to assume that unless you're using them in an area close to their original locations (eg I placed a Hong Kong object at Kai Tak)they will not work.Many more are obviously not FS9 objects so they can be excluded.Others that you find don't work have a 'pattern' to their name which means you can knock out others with similar name patterns.Using this process I get down to a 'MyObjects' list of just 215 objects. There may well be a few more that I will find won't work when I come to try them, but I think this is a pretty good indication of what we really have to play with and so far my list has proven pretty good as almost everything I've tried from it has worked.

Guest Mordrag

Ok i understand , anybody knows any useable list of objects?I want to put some trees in the scenery , but i didn

Guest sapper42

If you want trees i can only reccommend Gerrish Trees and if you cant find them, sing out to Gerrish in this Forum as he is a most helpfull chap !rgds Jeff