Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Exclude autogen?

Guest sssummer

Is it possible to exclude "autogen" in a certain area, like you would with default MS objects at an airport?

Yes, ussually the exclusions of the autogen in a certain area is an unwanted side effect of the scenery we are making :), but you can also exclude it on purpose if you want. Depending on the shape of the area you want to exclude a normal exclude should do the job (these are rectangular normally, so for a really complex shape that can be a problem).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno,KMCO just opened a new runway on December 25, 2003. I used AFCAD221 to add all the necessary components, plus the Exclude Tool from Paavo Pihelgas and flatten with AFW.The exclude does work for everything but a long line of high tension poles. Unfortunately, one of the poles intersects a taxiway. I think the poles are autogen, since I can remove them by lowering the autogen detail slider. Do you think there is a reference point for the line of poles and if I can find that reference point it will exclude the entire line?W. Sieffert

I think this is a VTP line of the type utility line. I am not sure if these can be removed with a normal exclude, maybe you have to make a VTP exclude to get rid of them.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Tony_A

Hi Bill, Don't know if this is relevant but, do you have any Ground2K4 scenery any where near your airport. Ground2K4 roads seem to sometimes produce lines of power poles that appear in the scenery quite some distance from the road they are associated with. I had a similar problem with a line of power poles that went across the middle of my local airport after installing my G2K4 scenery of the surrounding area. Finally resolved it by removing the G2K4 roads I had altered one at a time. The road that was causing the problem had a section that was parallel to the line of poles but well east of the airport, and also had the poles alongside the road where they belonged, but for some reason produced the second line of poles that intersected my airport. I have'nt checked but there could be other lines of poles that simply get lost in the autogen trees and don't get noticed. I suspect that it could be something to do with the ends of the "new" G2K4 roads intersecting the ends of the existing roads excluded using G2K4. I could be well off course with this line of thinking and haven't put in enough time looking at it. Call it a "feeling in my water". There have been a few discussions on other forums about these lines of poles. You can usually get rid of them by doing what you did and lowering the autogen density one notch, but it's annoying to know that they are still there and shouldn't bloody well be there..... Tony

No, I only have the default scenery in FS2004 except for AFCAD updates.W. Sieffert

Then I guess a VTP exclude will do the job, the only question is which layer did they use for those lines :).

Arno

Hello Tony,When you draw roads, try using the "Begin thinner" and "End thinner" options. This may eliminate the unwanted utility poles.Best regards.Luis