Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Old Polynesia 2000 Screenshots

Guest MasterBlaster

This scenery was created in 1999 by a young Frenchman named Matthieu Laban when he was just 18 years old. He published it under the title Polynesia 2000 with Christian Fonck's Flightworld. He created about 85% of the area known as French Polynesia.It was a remarkable accomplishment for FS98 - FS2000 scenery, he managed to capture the water color of the Atolls perfectly. ( I've really been there.) Sadly, it worked poorly in FS8 and not at all in FS9.I wish the kid would come out of retirement to make a current version. The first photo is an actual satellite photo of Bora Bora, then Matthieu's work from an overhead view.

Wow, that is pretty good. He was obviously a talented designer. It could be that when FS2002 came out, most of the scenery engine had changed, and he didn't want to keep up with it. Most of the terrain is built differently than what we used to do, so that may be one reason why it doesn't work anymore. When I have designed scenery that already exists, I try t oload in older version that can provide me with clues as to a buildings orientation, etc. Sometimes it's a nostalgic trip back in time, and I acknowledge that some of those guys knew a lot more than I did.- Martin