Sign in to follow this  
Guest voscon

Static aircrafts in new sceneries....

Guest Carlo_ITA

Hi everyone!I need some help; i've FS2002 here and i'm finally adding a couple of new sceneries of world airports... i've seen that almost every new airport scenery adds static aircrafts.I do not like static aircraft, but i like very much some pretty good addons....Does someone now if it's possible to delete this static aircrafts in some ways that do not affect the general airport scenery?Thank you all for your help!Carlo from Northern Italy

Sometimes it is possible to get rid of the static aircraft. Often the designers created these as seperate BGL files. Look in the scenery folder where you installed the scenery, and look for something obvious like "aircraft.bgl", or something to that effect. Try removing that file (temporarily), and see if that was the one that had aircraft in it. If it wasn't then move that BGL file back to it's original location.Also, read the docs since they may have specific information about how to remove static aircraft. You can also email the author if you want, since he will be able to tell you if this is possible too.- Martin

Guest Carlo_ITA

>Sometimes it is possible to get rid of the static aircraft. >Often the designers created these as seperate BGL files. Look>in the scenery folder where you installed the scenery, and>look for something obvious like "aircraft.bgl", or something>to that effect. Try removing that file (temporarily), and see>if that was the one that had aircraft in it. If it wasn't>then move that BGL file back to it's original location.>>Also, read the docs since they may have specific information>about how to remove static aircraft. You can also email the>author if you want, since he will be able to tell you if this>is possible too.>>- MartinThanks very much! ;-)Carlo

Guest voscon

Hi,Depending on the designer, sometimes reducing the Scenery display density option will delete static aircraft. Try reducing a step at the time and see if this happens.voscon