Sign in to follow this  
Guest RollerBall

More XML Compilation Problems

Guest RollerBall

I'm adding Comms, TaxiwayPoints and TaxiwayParking within Frequency="121.85" Type="GROUND" Name="CXTX GROUND"/> index="1" type="NORMAL" lon="-95.0599" lat="28.8924"/> index="11" lon="-95.06145" lat="28.88346" heading="340.000" radius="35.000" type="RAMP_MIL_COMBAT" name="PARKING" number="2" pushback="BOTH"/> Hope you can see what I mean without my including loads of unnecessary code.Without any of these 3 elements the file compiles but with any of the 3 in (ie they are all unacceptable individually) it will not.I'm knackered now :( and it's late here yet again so I've gotta give up for today, but does anyone have any ideas?I'd be SO grateful

Guest SuperFlight2002

First off by you pushback both you have no /> just a > try this subnest them all kil all the excape tags except the airport and see what happens but make sure each entry has a /> and the end that should do it! Remember you must subnest the proper things within the hiechey of the bglcomp.xsd! Hope this helps!

He's right on it... just to clarify, in properly formed XML ending a tag with " />" is the same as adding an end tag to it. So using is equivalent to this: . You can't use both at the same time or it'll throw errors when you try to compile. The difference between the two is that you'll use the syntax when there is nothing to enclose within that tag, and the something included here when there are things the tag encloses, like another nested tag. Also, in your third example:you forgot to close the tag after "XML blah" before adding the . It should read like this:Or, better yet, this (because it has no enclosures):

Guest RollerBall

:-) Thanks very much guysI got there in the end after sleeping on it. I'd recommend it as a strategy ;-) Roger