Sign in to follow this  

FSNav...HELP!

Hi All,I was told this is a very easy Nav program to use! well I just install it and I can not help but feel it is not so easy. Any user tips would be great...at least to get started. I am reading all I can, but still seems confuesing...is it me?This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

>I am reading all I can, but still seems confuesing...is it me?Calculate Auto-route' and FSnav will create a reasonable flight plan for you.Hope that helps

Hi Valcan,Thanks, it did help to get me started. Ok, now that I have this flight plan...can the auto pilot follow it? and if so how? sorry for all the questions. I do have FlightMax and it seems to be a bit of the same ONLY concerning the moving map in FSNav. To be honest I have not used FlightMax so much do the fact it does not work with FS_Meteo...but soon. People say they will not fly without FSNav...I really want to see what I have been missing.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest Aidi

if you ask 10 different people who use Fsnav on a regular basis about how they best utilize it, you will get 10 differnet answers. Like lots of software, it takes a little time to work out how it best works for you. I think most people who use it were in pretty much the same situation as you, but by experimenting with the features, they have managed to get it working exactly the way they want it to. keep playing with it, and try new things.. After a very short period of time you will be using it as if you had been doing so for years. Just takes a little time and patience. And as you are already doing, ask questions, as no doubt what you are trying to achieve has already been done! I can assure you (as will almost anyone who uses it) you will soon wonder how you flew without it!!http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Hi All,Check the 'ID' box next to 'Inputline' and enter the 4 letter code then double click on the airport in the list to send it to the flight plan. Ok, I did this but, I do not get any infomation concerning airports in the Inputline. For exapmle I write ESSB and nothing comes up..I press enter and nothing comes up. I can drag the airports to the flight plan, but it is so much eaiser just to write in the airport ID for start to finish...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Be sure to click directly upon the word "inputline". When it turns blue, type in your "ESSB" (or whatever). Info will appear in the box BELOW the inputline. Good luck...it's a wonderful program.Jeff

Guest PhilC

To use the flightplan in FS2002 you need to click on the Plan button and choose export (I think that this is right... I am not at my PC now) and export to a FS2002 flightplan. You can then load the flightplan in FS2002 and have the best of both worlds.Also, remember if you add or change any airports to run the FSNav build database utility to update the DB that FSN uses.Great program. Have fun!

Thanks guy sooooooo much! keep the comments coming. So far so good. This really is a great forum. Flight Simmers are cool people!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hi Robert,I bought it recently and love it. First there is a "How to make a simple flight Plan" in the instruction manual. Print it out then go there and just do the step by step.The problem I had at first was how do to get the flight plan I made in FSNAv over to MSFS - but like the advice you got earlier - you go to "Plan" in Fsnav (after you have made your Flight plan) choose "Export" and choose "MSFS2XXX". This saves the plan you just made in MSFS format. Then select MSFS "Flight Planner" and "Load" (find)that flight you just saved (exported)in FSnav! ATC will be ready for your instructions.Have fun.Kosmo007Joe KKMCO

>The problem I had at first was how do to get the flight plan I made in FSNAv over to MSFS ...

HI Vulcan,thanks for the interest! I am somewhat new with FSnav but I thought the only way to "fly" and get ATC help was to make a FP in FsNAV and then "export" it over to MSFS. I will try your way as it seems to eliminate a few steps. Are you saying I should make the FP in Fsnav and then just hit the "flyfp" button in FSnav? (Got to tell you I have never seen that button!)If I do, will I get ATC from MSFS that "follows" the waypoints of the FSNAv plan? I hope so. The way I have been doing it works but Fsnav "autoplan" makes a plan with certain waypoints and then when I export it to MSFS, and "load" it up again in MSFS, I end up flying to where I wanted to go but ATC never follows the same exact waypoints of what was planned out for me in FSNAV. I figured that was just a normal thing. Drop me not if you have the time to maybe straighten me out and I appreciate your kindness.JoeKMCONear Disney World