Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevenroyals

polygons change colour

Guest stevenroyals

Is there away of getting a consistent colour with a polygon which faces the sun and one that faces away from the sun. I've made a bush in Gmax with two polygons at 90 degrees to each other. When the sun is low in the horizon, one polygon is darker than the other.ThanksSteve

No, this has been asked often before and as far as I know nobody has found a solution for it yet. FS changes the colors because they are oriented different compared to the sun.Only solution would be not to make the bush like a cross with two polygons, but use one polygons that rotates to the user all the time. Then it doesn't look flat and will have only one color (although that still changes with time of day of course).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest stevenroyals

Thnaks Arno for your help here.What I'm trying to make is a small grounp of about 5 to 10 small bushes, so the rotate option will not work here becasue they are not all situated at the centre of the x y axis. I might experiment using a series of boxes or something.I'm still having trouble with getting my animation for the windsock to work. I've got the latest version of Makemdl and am nolonger using Middleman. Perhaps i need to experiment a bit more and install the windsock at anotehr airport and see if it works there. From your explanaitions it sounds like a fairly simple procedure to get animation working in FS. I can't understand what's going wrong.ThanksSteve