Sign in to follow this  
Guest visualflight

Unwanted autogen and VTPWidePoint lines - a connection?...

Hi Norman.It's difficult to trace. I used this "chptconv.ini":[childpointconv]inputfile=outputfile=layerids=8,9,16,17,32,33bglcpath=C:bgl_outputfile=compile_bgl=0hookmode=3hookdistance=3hook2dist=1g2kflag=1debug=0This seems to cover all the layers used. I note that you have streans mixed with roads in the G2K4 LWM file. I would think there would be more control if you had the roads in a separate LWM file.What I saw was that your rods seemed to end correctly, but the defaults(?) had sections of road texture missing, even though the autogen was present.Maybe you could try this:Separate the roads into a separate G2K4 LWM fileProcess the ASM file with the above ini.Deactivate the Oceania Scenery Library entry.Add only the road BGLThen test the BGL in FS9 to see if artifacts occur.If they do occur, then the problem is with the roads somehow. If they don't occur, then activate the Oceania Scenery and recheck.]If things are still OK, then add other G2k4 bgls until you find the problem file, and the type of VTP that is causing the problems... then identify if they are your roads or the defaults, but again deactivating the Oceania.I know this is a lot of fooling around, but we are still at the early stages of "ChildPoint" design, and there may well be some bugs we need to track down.Dick

G'day Edgar,Didn't get anything done last night due to a violent storm here that took out a power pole (bloody poles again) & we didn't get power restored until midnight.Well so far (touch wood) SUCCESS!!Have re compiled 3 of the 39 files I have in my scenery & so far have eliminated all unwanted poles. This included one file in particular that gave me considerable trouble at Coolangatta.Many thanks for your help.Regards,Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Guest tasnvs

Hi DickI have deactivated the Oceania before I started making the SceneryNearly all the roads do not have Autogen as they are only single laneIts only when I put in the Main roads that I noticed the problem.I have tried using the "layerids=8,9,16,17,32,33" in the chptconv.inibut when I try to make the bgl file all I get is lines of error messages Edgar is also looking into it and I have sent him the error messages also.What layers should I use I have tried 16 for streams and 32 for roadsBut as I use FS to put in all the streams I sometimes forget to give them a layer number and I have had to go back later.Cheers Norman

Further report on chptconv. I have now discovered that unless I set hookmode=0 in the ini file I get bridges sitting perpendicular across my roads where they cross rivers. The only problem with this setting however is that many of the roads thin out before they end. This causes a gap between intersecting roads & roads running up to bridges. Any ideas guys??Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Hi Ross,I have this problem too - bridges are turned slightly into the direction of the hooks.In the moment I have no answer, just a theory: the 'virtual/displayed' endpoint of a line is between both points, which form the hook. The hooks at both ends point in different directions, therefor the slight turn of the whole bridge.Decreasing the hookdistance value might lower the turning effect. I am trying to find a solution - maybe let bot hooks point into the same direction.Cheers,Edgar

Hi all.Microsoft doesn't mix their line types, but use separate files for roads, streams, shorelines, bridges and utility paths. Maybe there is a reason for this, and maybe we should emulate them. Just an idea.As far as the bridges, maybe the points are supposed to be the 4 corners of the bridge? That would be the same as the endpoint being between the two endpoints... and that might also explain some of the road characteristics as well.Dick

Guest tasnvs

HiWell thanks to Edger my problems have been solved.I had was not using the new TDFMacros but the one in Ground2K4.once I put in the one that came with Chptconv everything works OK.Sorry to have caused al the upsetThanks againCheers Norman

Guest tasnvs

Hi all,What I did was make my bridges on a defferent layer to the roadsand do not include the bridge layer in the chptvonv.exeCheers Norman

Great suggestion Norman. That has solved my bridge problem also. I was working on a suggestion from Dick & had just done a separate file for my bridges which appeared to fix the problem & was going to post that here when I saw your note. Did a quick change of my bridge layers & bingo! no extra bridges. A second file has also shown up OK.Only 37 more to go:-)

Cheers, Ross

Guest tasnvs

Pleased to have helped.I also have a problem getting the correct bridge type if I have tocross a wide river bed.Unles the bridge is very short I end up with Arch bridges insteadof just the flat ones.Some of our brudges in NZ are up to 2K long as the riverbeds arevery wide but only about 5m to the top ov the gridge.any suggestionsCheers Norman

G'day Norman,Don't know if this helps but I found doing my bridge as an "Asphalt 4 lane Divided" always gives me a flat bridge. The number of lanes doesn't seem to have much of an influence however the divided switch seems to. I haven't done any really long bridges, about 1K is probably the longest & it is flat using this setting.Regards,Ross

Cheers, Ross

Guest tasnvs

Hi RossThanks, that seem to make things OK Cheers Norman

I have been looking at our childpoints, and Edgar and I may have been a bit off in our understanding. We had been thinking of a structure that looks like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/60607.jpgWhen this is probably more like the actual structure:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/60608.jpgThe total hook length seems to be related to the line width at about a 1:5 ratio... so if the line width is 45 then the total hook width is about 9 ( start point -4, followed by startpoint + 4, followed by the second actual linepoint ). The visual start, and end, would be in the middle of the hook lengths.Dick

Guest visualflight

In my copy of terrain.cfg, there's a useful-looking block of documentation in the middle of the file (at the end of the texture definitions).This documentation includes a brief description of ObjectEndSize, and it seems possible that this parameter may be relevant in determining the correct hook lengths for bridges. A brief examination shows that it is used in all the autogen bridge definitions.Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I thought it was worth a mention in case it has been overlooked.JohnVisual Flighthttp://www.visualflight.co.uk